Chapter 38

"Babe, you're doing great!" I heard on the third day of this darned ski trip. I was a perfectionist and I hated the fact that I wasn't a great skier, like the rest of the family. I had been in a private class for the past five days. I had gotten lessons from 8 till 2 every single fucking day. It was me and two of my security guards along with the woman. The security guards already knew how to ski, but I didn't and it was fucking annoying.

We were going down a slope for the first time ever today; as before this it was just a bit of snow. I stopped, doing the good stop, and I turned my head and I saw that Eddie with his security team stopped right above me. "You look great babe. I'm proud of you." He said with a huge smile.

"I hate you. This is horrid. I'm horrid." I said annoyed and he chuckled slightly at that as he went towards me and he leaned his head sideways and he gave me a peck, which was hard with our helmets. I laughed at that.

"You go, you're distracting me." I said and he nodded as he then skied away. "SHOW OFF." I yelled and I heard him laugh. My teacher, whom wasn't Local; she was Canadian, smiled at my response.

Two weeks later I was already more comfortable skiing and I actually was starting to enjoy it. I was able to go off of all the blue slopes with sort of ease. I went faster than I ever went and my classes went from 8 till 12, and then I'd lunch with one of my three actual husbands and afterwards I would ski with them. All four of my husbands snowboarded, but the days that they would ski with me, they'd ski. They were amazing and patient.

I was currently in the lift with Mike and we were laughing about something absolutely stupid.

"You look great love." He stated as I got off the lift. "Are you ready for this blue slope? This is the hardest blue slope that there is. We can also take the green one if you want?" He said right away looking at me.

"I can do this. I've got security. I know how to ski." I said confidently and he nodded looking at me. "I'll see you down there then?" I said and he nodded as he gave my bum a tap with the sticks and he went with his team. I smiled as I skied down carefully and it was a tad hard. There was one very steep moment and I waited at the top for a second and I took a few deep breaths as I looked at it.

"I can do this." I said nodding and so I did. I was excited about what I did. When I finished, I saw Mike sitting on the floor and he saw me. "LOVE. I did it. There was this steep part and I stopped for a breather and I did it. I'm that was amazing. Is there an easy red slope I can try? Or do you think that's above my pay grade? Be honest?"

"We can do the red slope next to here. It's good." He said and I nodded looking at him as we went up the lift again and we went towards the red slope.

"If you want to do that black one and we'll meet at the bottom, that's fine too love." I said and he stared at me for a second.

"Are you sure?" He said and I nodded looking at him. "I love you. I'll see you down at the cafe then?" I nodded

"I love you too." I said and he gave me a couple of pecks as he went onto th black one. I didn't want to hold him back.

There was some music playing and I smiled very widely at that as I went down the slope with a lot of concentration and I let out some deep breaths as halfway through, I decided to stop. My security smiled.

"That was great, my queen!" Rachel said and I smiled very widely.

"Thank you. It was scary. I'm scared. But it's ok!" I said and she nodded looking at me. "Whats that?" I said as I saw someone little kid go down the trees on the other side.

"That's the black slope. It comes from out those trees, and then goes down that path."

"STay away from that path then." I confirmed.