Chapter 86

His surgery took forever and when he was finished, I heard he was in a coma. I was allowed to be near him though and when I saw him with all those machines hooked up to him, something snapped in me once again. I sat down next to him and I grabbed his hand and put my head on his arm and I didn't let go. Not once.

Not when Eric walked in and started to sob and beg Eddie to come back. Not when Matt came in and told me to go home, that it'd be better for me. Not when Luther, Christian nor Daniel came in crying and begging Eddie to fight. Not Olivia whom literally screamed out in sobs, shaking her son to wake up.

I never put my head away, I never let go of his hand. I didn't leave his side. I couldn't leave his side.

I didn't respond to anybody, I was in a state- it was as if my mind wasn't here either. It was as if I myself was in a sort of coma. I was gone. I didn't look up. I didn't care for anything but putting my head against him, praying and begging for him to come back.

A day later I knew that Matt and Eric had decided to stay here in the hospital room with me. Eric had his own bed and he got some sort of medication, at least from what I heard, I didn't ask. Matt was on the phone with his other siblings and they were all in panic and stuff like that.

"Matt?" I heard a voice say and I opened my eyes as I felt my heart breaking even more. "What happened?" Oliver asked and I held onto Eddie's hand tighter. "What's going on?" Oliver said, whimpered really. "Where is Eric?"

"Eric is having a check up at the moment." Matt said and he then explained what happened and I heard Oliver start to cry.

"What's with her?"

"I don't know, she hasn't left his side; she hasn't moved in the past two days." Two days? I thought, how could it have been two fucking days? "We hooked her up in her arm with food and put a pee thing under her so she- she's not- it's. She just- She just got back to us, and now." Matt said taking a deep breath.

"What's the prognosis?" Oliver whimpered as he was closer to me now and I felt his hand on my shoulder and I closed my eyes at the notion. I wanted to comfort him, so fucking bad, but I couldn't.

"We don't know. He lost a lot of blood. His heart operation went well and his stomach too."

"But?"

"He won't wake up. We don't know."

"Maybe Mike won't let him leave." Oliver said and that's when I broke out of my stance and I let out a chuckle, and that chuckle turned into laughter, full on laughter, before the laughter turned into crying. Oliver kept his hand on my shoulder.

It was quiet for a very long time after that, as I calmed down slightly, my head still down. Eddie just wake up.

"Where is Naomi?"

"She's currently with mum." Oliver said and there was sadness in his voice. "What happens now Mattie?" He said heartbroken.

"Right now, we're going to name you King-Apparent of Locatlie." Matt said and tears started to appear in my eyes. "You'll be an acting king until Eddie's heart stops beating. Eli will take over Askad for now, but it'll still be your responsibility. So you'll be doing a billion jobs in one, but you also need to get on security."

"Ok." Oliver said and he took a deep breath. "What about Naomi?"

"What about her?"

"Acting King?" Oliver said and I felt the three of them staring at me.

"Tell her the truth. Tell her that if Eddie leaves us, you'll have to marry her." Eric said in a soft voice. "We talked about it weeks ago anyhow, so it mustn't come as a surprise to her."

"But." Oliver breathed and he sounded heartbroken. "Aren't we going a tad too fast. It's only been two days?"

"It's what needs to happen right now. Especially now." Matthew said. Oliver was silent for a bit. That poor guy, he finally found the love of his fucking life and now that was going to be taken away from him. I put my one hand up, letting go of Eddie's hand with one hand and put it on my shoulder and I grabbed Olivers hand. I felt the three of them staring at me again, but I didn't look up, I knew what they would think, but I didn't care.

"I'm sorry." I whispered softly after a while. "I'm so sorry." I repeated.

"Why are you sorry?" Oliver said, as if he knew I was talking about him.

"Naomi." I whispered.

"It's not your fault. Not something you should be sorry for dove." He said and I nodded at that as I put my head up, still holding onto Eddie with both of my hands, putting my hand down now and I looked at Oliver and he stared at me and his face; it broke my fucking heart.

His face was all red, he looked exhausted, heartbroken. This wasn't the Oliver that I knew.

"I know, but right now, you won't even have time to be in a relationship and if." I said and I looked at Eddie and my heart broke as I looked behind him and I thought I saw him for a second, before realising it was Eric and Eric looked at me with a saddened look before he looked at Matt. I looked at Matt and he looked like shit too, he stared at me and he looked heartbroken. "I can't lose him too." I said as I looked back at Eddie. "I can't lose him. I can't. I'll do anything, anything, but I can't lose him. So, if Mike is keeping him hostage in Seglusa's Realm and you can hear me, hear us, please bring him back to us."

But to no avail.

Because after a week, he was still in a coma.

And I? I had lost my mind all over again.