Elijah notices something!

Carter and Nathan bring the drinks back out. Carter sits back beside Asher, and everyone is talking about tomorrow and then cars. Everyone is excited especially Asher. All the boys are having a good time. Elijah notices that both Asher and Carter only have one hand while they are eating. He stares for a second and Asher notices. Asher looks down and Nathan asks Elijah a question. Asher whispers something to Carter. When Elijah look again, he sees both their hands and they are talking with the other brothers. They decide to have a conversation where everyone is not talking at once. Elijah(E), Lucas(L), Luke(Lu). Nathan(N), Carter(C), and Asher(A).

(L) Carter, are you excited about staying the night? 

(C) Yes. 

(N) Excuse me. 

(E) He does not have to say sir. It is just us here. I know you are nervous I promise nothing will happen to Carter.

(N) Ok. 

(Lu) Have yall talked about tomorrow yet?

(E) I was going to do that after we ate. 

(N) Talk about what? 

(A) Everyone has classes tomorrow. Carter and I will be here alone till they get back. They are afraid you will say no. We have rules. We will eat cereal for breakfast. We can make sandwiches for lunch, and yall will be here for dinner. We have snacks and drinks. Elijah showed me how to take my medicine. Carter already agreed to help me if I had to use the bathroom. I am going to get up in the morning and try and do it before my brothers leave. I usually only use number two once a day. 

(N) I don't know about that. I have never left Carter at home alone. What about your parents? 

(L) They are out of the country for two weeks. 

(E) Then we will be having lunch with them. 

(A) We will what?

(Lu) Not you baby. You and I will be sick that day. 

(A) Ok.

(E) Nathan, I promise I will make sure your brother is ok. They will have phones. They have to stay in and not answer the door. If they break any rules they will never be allowed to stay home alone again. 

(A) I promise we will listen. 

(C) Please? 

(N) Fine, but we keep it from mom and dad. 

(E) We are moving soon anyway. Our parents won't know where we live. 

(C) Are yall moving far?

(N) Calm down buddy. They will still be close. 

Carter gets tears in his eyes. This is the second red flag for Elijah. 

(E) It is actually closer to yall's house. We are looking at the big house with the inground pool.

(N) Yall can afford that? 

(A) Yes sir. We will buy it and then sell this house. 

(N) I can't wait to visit over there. 

(A) I can't wait to swim. 

(Lu) We will also have an office and a complete spare bedroom for guests. 

(N) I like sleeping with yall. 

(C) Me too. 

(A) I sleep with someone every night. 

Lucas gets a call and walks inside. Elijah kind of stares at him. 

(N) Maybe it was important. 

(E) Asher could you please go tell him to come back outside and enjoy our time together.