Chapter 107: The Last Lesson

"Why are you so nervous (Y/N)? My god, just chill out!"

That was the second time Annie had told me to relax, but I couldn't help it. My legs were bouncing up and down uncontrollably as my stomach whirled around with anxiety.

"I don't know why I'm so nervous," I admitted, running a hand down my face and gritting my teeth.

I glanced through the window, seeing the sky turning into a brilliant shade of orange and red. At any other time, I would've felt mesmerized by the sight. But right now, I only felt the dread and uneasiness rising.

Dr. Joy came from the kitchen, offering me a glass of water, to which I accepted gratefully, taking a sip.

"I think it's normal for (Y/N) to feel nervous," the doctor said in her gentle voice. "It is going to be her first transformation."

The water in my mouth choked me as I heard her words, making me cough and splutter embarrassingly.

"T-that is--" I paused, wiping my lips. "--if I can even successfully transform."

Both Dr. Joy and Annie gave me a look. The blonde girl sitting to my side wrapped an arm around me, chuckling softly. The doctor gave me an encouraging smile.

"I know you'll be able to do it, (Y/N)."

"Yeah," Annie added, swaying me back and forth in her embrace. "You've gotten pretty good at handling your power, you can definitely transform just fine."

Though their words were supportive, it still didn't shake off that grasp of nervousness.

Time was ticking by so quickly that I couldn't believe my eyes. If only time passed this quick during class back then, wouldn't that be a blast. But instead, it decides to move faster the only time I don't want it to be.

Annie and Dr. Joy were on both my sides, sitting comfortably and watching the television. I could only stare at it, without actually processing what was going on. Well, even if I wasn't in this nervous mess, I wouldn't be able to process it anyway, since Annie was holding the remote and skipping channels left and right like they were nothing.

Dr. Joy didn't complain a single word, I'm guessing she's gotten used to Annie's behavior after all this time. She simply sat there with an arm around the sofa and the other on her knee, with one of her legs lifted on the seat. Annie had her legs stretched out and resting on the coffee table in front of the sofa, and I had my legs tucked up to my chest.

The three of us sat together, with me slightly trembling at the sight of the sun setting, watching the constant change of channels on the TV.

Eventually, Annie gave up trying to find a good show and left it at some random reality show. She took out her phone and began scrolling it, not paying attention. I didn't pay attention either, I was too busy counting the seconds until the moment that made the butterflies ram against my stomach.

Dr. Joy, despite being supposedly immersed in the show, was well aware of how I felt. She sighed, picking up the remote that Annie had tossed on the table and turned off the TV.

Annie and I glanced at her in confusion. The doctor clapped her hands, looking at me sympathetically. "Clearly, you're still very nervous (Y/N). How about we all go outside and do some light training to get your mind off of things?"

The blonde girl beside me shifted in her seat, turning her body to face the doctor. "That sounds good."

"B-but, what if I run out of energy to transform?" I stammered, looking back and forth at the doctor and Annie.

"You won't," Dr. Joy assured, standing up from her seat. "We're just going to get our blood flowing a bit. Plus--" The doctor stretched her arms up high. "It's been a while since I've done anything with my wolf."