Chapter 49: Lean

Sorry for late update. I'm hella busy.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -  --  - - - -  - - - --  - -

Everything slowed. I felt a blaze of fury and sadness erupt as my mind processed the information the headmaster had given.

I lunged forward, only to be held back 2 pairs of hands. My feet scraped the floor as I struggled to let go of the fierce grip.

"(Y/N), calm down!"

I felt their strength weakening, and I was finally able to escape their chains.

I reached out my hand, nearly slashing it on the man's face before me, if it weren't for Mr. Hannes grabbing my hand in time, and pulling me back into a lock.

My eyes was blurry and my ears were ringing. I felt tears run down my face as I stared at thr principle who still kept the same expression.

I feebly struggled, only to have Mr. Hannes tightening the lock, making me completely immobilized.

"Calm down, then I'll let you go," Mr. Hannes growled at my ear.

I forced the fire down and took deep breaths, trying to fight the raging flame in me.

Closing my eyes, I let myself fall into the darkness, allowing it to calm my mind from everything that just happened.

After a few seconds, I opened my eyes, relieved to find myself calming down slightly.

But that still couldn't stop the stream of tears coming down.

Mr. Hannes let go of me, but he still kept a hand on my shoulder.

"You said you were contacted by the Homicide team?" My voice was rasp and sounded weird to my ears.

The principle nodded. "We don't know too much information about it. Only that investigators suspect she was coming home from buying groceries."

My breath hitched, but I kept calm. After I truely opened my eyes to my surroundings is when I realised how Armin was violently trembling, and how Eren was clenching his hand until blood slowly started to drip.

I have to be strong, not for myself, but for my brothers as well.

I placed a hand each on Eren and Armin's shoulder, lightly gripping it.

"As our way of showing sympathy with your loss," the principle continued, "Wings Senior High has prepared a private jet for you to return to your home town. You have the freedom to choose the time since we own a private runaway, and you shall be accompanied by Mr. Hannes. You have our greatest condolences."

Mr. Hannes?

I glanced at the man behind me, his face solemn and expressionless.

"Why Mr. Hannes?" I asked tentatively.

The principle didn't react to my question by the slightest. "Mr. Hannes is the only person here who's been to (hometown). He shall accompany your journey back and forth."

I nodded, looking down, unsure of what to do. The principle seemed to notice how clueless we were to everything, so he asked, "When shall you depart?"

"An hour!" Eren shouted, tears streaming down his face. "Give us an hour!"

The principle blinked once. "Are you sure that's enough time?"

Armin sniffed. "We're sure. Please."

Silence fell over us all. "Alright. Go and get ready."

At once, Eren bolted from the room, slamming the door open and shoving through the people gathered in front of the door. Armin followed him closely, though not running as fast.

I walked out last, greeted with Levi immediately coming in front of me.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked, his voice unsually gentle.

I couldn't even put what just happened into words. For the first time in a long time, I felt incredible scared and alone.

The one person who had taken care of me for 14 years is gone, and now I'm left all alone in this world.

I've never felt so scared in my life. Levi slowly took my hand in his. "(Y/N)..?"

Everything was a blur. For once, I could not be the person who people leaned on when they needed someone.

Right now, I needed to lean on someone.

And that person was Levi.

I wrapped my arms around Levi, burying my head in his torso. He was surprised. I could tell by the way he flinched. I started losing my ability to stand, and eventually, Levi supported my whole weight.

Silent sobs escaped me as I felt a hand gently rub my back. Another hand reached up and softly stroked my hair.

He didn't say anything, or maybe it was because he didn't knkw what to say. Honestly, that was pretty typical of Levi.

A voice behind me brought me back to reality. "(Y/N), you have to pack."

Levi growled, "She's grieving, can't you see that?"

"I know she is." Mr. Hannes' voice was calm and had no emotion in it. "But she has to pack up now if she wants to make it to the plane in time."

"You're fucking pushing her too mu--"

"No," I cut Levi off, "He's right. I have to go."

I backed away from Levi, a hand wiping the rest of my tears away. "S-sorry I cried on your shirt. You should go wash it, it's probably full of germs."

Levi glanced down at his soaked shirt, then at me. "The shirt is not my biggest concern right now. Are you sure you're okay?"

I shook my head. "Of course not. But I'll be even worse if I don't go see her at all. Sorry, and thanks."

I walked away, rushing back to my dorm. I slammed the door open, startling Petra inside. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?"

"Everything." I snatched the giant bag that I used for the expedition, opened it and began stuffing it with clothes and undergarments.

"Everything..? Hey, what happened there?"

I grabbed everything that I would need, and stuffed it in. Then I grabbed another set of clothes from my wardrobe and rushed to the bathroom.

After I changed, I got out and took my bag, tossing it over my shoulder.

"Woah (Y/N), what's going on?" Petra exclaimed, jumping off her bed and standing in front of me.

I gave Petra a quick hug, murmuring as I pulled away, "I have to go, no telling on when I'll be back. I'm so sorry Petra, have fun in prom."

I walked away, out of my room and down to the lobby where Mr. Hannes was waiting with Armin and Eren.

"Ready?" Mr. Hannes asked.

We all nodded.

The older man walked out the door, his bag on his back. With a short glance to eachother, we grabbed our bags and followed Mr. Hannes into the setting sun, our hearts broken but determined.

-  - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  -- - - - - - - - - - - - -

So I was busy cuz... guess whut ppl,

I was elected as the President of the English Debate Club, like wtf. I'm like this shitty person who's part of the anti-social social club, and now I have to prepare a shit ton of speeches for my school's birthday.

Like wtf boi.

Not only that, but I have scout shit to do. Not to mention the upcoming mid-semester exams. Fml man.