Chapter 12: Return

Dedicated to Miss-Snarkastic
Thanks you for bringing the spirit to write back in me!

The room was quiet when Petra slipped back in. Her right hand clutched a bag filled with goods she decided to get for the room.

And (Y/N).

She felt horrible for whatever (Y/N)'s going through, so she decided to maybe give her some stuff, with high hopes it'll make her feel better.

Petra tiptoed across the floor, trying her best to make sure she didn't make any sound, worried it'd make (Y/N) wake up since she's such a light sleeper.

"I'm not asleep," a soft voice said, sounding hoarse and dry.

Petra stopped her tracks and looked at (Y/N), rising from her sleeping position on her bed ever so slowly. Her hair was messy and matted, and when she finally turned around to face Petra, the strawberry-blonde gasped.

Her eyes was dark.

It had no light.

Her eyes were dead.

Gulping nervously, Petra asked a question in the softest voice she could muster. "(Y/N), how're you doing?"

(Y/N)'s lips drew back into a straight line as a small flicker of light began to leak in her eyes.

"Does it look that bad?" She asked back with her raspy voice, tilting her head to the side in a cute manner, or at least Petra thought so.

"Kinda," Petra chuckled softly, handing her a bottle.

(Y/N)'s hands reached out slowly to take it, and her eyes widened in surprise when she saw what it is.

It was (f/d - favourite/drink) (dont put vodka or something like that pls XD). How did Petra know?

"I asked Eren when I was in the mini-market," Petra admitted, setting down the bag of food and drinks.

"Thank you... Petra."

Petra smiled, glad it had somehow helped. "Anytime."

(Y/N) shook her head. "No, I mean it. Though I don't exactly show it, I really am happy."

"Well, I'm happy to have helped," Petra replied back, as she started to unpack the bag.

(Y/N) cracked the bottle open and began to take small gulps of the drink. "So... (Y/N)," Petra began, "Do you want to come down for dinner with me?"

This time, (Y/N) visibly flinched. She lowered the bottle that was half-way finished. "Actually, I'd rather stay here please," her voice low, and traced with... fear?

But Petra decided to shrug it off. (Y/N) must have her own reasons, and she'd tell her when or if she wanted to. Petra fully respected that.

"Well," the blonde spoke again, "I have some junk food if you wanna die quickly some time soon."

"You know what?" (Y/N) was slowly getting her energy back, "I'll take that junk food with some anime right now."

Petra smiled to herself. "Lets do it."

***

(Y/N) POV

Small snores echoed in the room. Petra had fallen asleep at around 2 am, right when it had reached one of the climax of the series.

My original plan to be void of any emotions went down the drain as I witnessed the heartbreaking scene, desperately trying to hold back my sniffles as I re-watched it over and over again.