Chapter 99: Wishes and Promises

Levi panted lightly, wiping a bead of sweat away from his forehead with the back of his palm. For the first time in a long time, he felt soreness in his muscles from exercising for just 30 minutes.

Levi felt ashamed. He had never been this out of shape before. Ever since that tragic day, both his mental and physical health has been deteriorating steadily, and he hasn't done much to try and fix it.

But, that changes now.

Annie had informed him how (Y/N) was struggling with learning literal basics, like walking, again. The news was quite the shock to him. So much so, that he decided he was going to do the same.

There isn't much that Levi could do for (Y/N) with this distance and limited contact, so doing this, exercising and training himself again, felt like one of the only ways he could support her. Even if she didn't know what he was doing.

Levi gritted his teeth, throwing another fierce kick to the punching bag hanging in front of him. The noise made from the impact resembled a crackle of thunder, and it immediately caught the attention of the one or two people inside the gym with the raven.

They gave him a look, a mixture of shock and curiosity, but quickly looked away when Levi flashed them a warning glare. Levi clicked his tongue, his mood for training quickly disappearing. It's better to leave now anyway, too many people were starting to come in and it made Levi too uncomfortable to continue.

No, Levi wasn't shy. He was worried the people would suspect him for breaking the punching bag.

Levi took off his hand wraps and shoved them in his duffle bag, snatching the water bottle and gulping down a few mouthfuls of water. He wiped his lips afterwards, tossing the water bottle back into his bag and zipping it close, before swinging it over his shoulder with ease.

The young adult strolled towards the exit, wondering when he was going to be able to call (Y/N) again, when he was stopped by a person tapping on his shoulder.

Levi stopped, eyes glaring at the spot where he was touched.

"Um, excuse me."

Levi stared at the person speaking, his eyes narrowing with annoyance. "Ha?"

The random girl looked away shyly, rubbing her neck in embarrassment.

"I uhh... I don't normally ask strangers for their number, but I'd be pissed at myself if I never see you agai--"

"Fuck off," Levi spat, not bothering to continue listening any further and walking away.

He could hear the girl scoff behind him, before yelling out, "Asshole!"

Levi rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue again. Damn bitch.

He could care less about whoever that person was. The only woman he will ever have his eyes on is (Y/N), and (Y/N) only. No one else mattered as much as she did to him. No one.

It was still quite early in the day, but people were slowly coming about, starting the fresh day off by polluting the air with all their vehicles.

Levi felt his stomach churn in hunger, his eyes catching the sight of a cafe shop across the street.

He thought about going there, but decided to just hold his hunger back and go home to cook whatever's in the fridge for his breakfast. He really shouldn't be wasting his money to buy food when he could make it himself.

It's a good way to start saving up. For.... future needs.

The walk back to his apartment didn't take too long considering how fast and long each his steps are. Levi grabbed his keys from the pocket of his training pants, taking it out the keys and twirling it in his hand.