Welcome to the Jungle

(Location: Unknown)
(Time: Just passed Noon, 295 AC)

(Jon POV)

'This forest really is weird, it's like it swallows up the light from the sun, I can barely see 5 feet in front of myself' I think to myself while kneeling down just at the edge of the forest.

I found a stick that I've tied a bit of my shirt too, would've used Sansa's dress but she needs all the protection from the sun she can get 'I fear any longer in the sun and her skin would share the same trait as her hair' I think with a slight chuckle 'Though my skin seems fine for some reason' I ponder while tying the cloth in a knot.

I then take out the bottle of wine that was in the bag and uncork it "what are you doing Jon" Sansa asks as she heard the sound of the cork popping suddenly sitting up.

"I'm making a torch what does it look like" I say a bit impatiently 'Lack of water must be getting to me' I think while pouring the wine onto the cloth soaking it.

"What are you doing!"she screams as she suddenly stands up and marches towards me "Thats our only source of water and you've wasted half of it" Sansa shouts.

"Wine would've made your thirst worse, I've heard of tales from father of people who tried to quench their first with wine and ale but ended up dying faster" I say in a cool tone not even looking up at her.

"This will make it a lot easier to light, other than that it's just dead weight" I say before standing up not giving her time to answer.

I luckily found a piece of flint not too far from our location so lighting it isn't going to be difficult. I take my dagger and scrap the flint against it and light my torch.

With a torch in my hand and my dagger back on my belt we are ready to enter the forest.

"Come on Sansa let's go" I say to her finally looking back at her, I see that she has a concerned expression on her face and she's holding herself tightly.

"Do we really have to go in there, maybe it would be better to wait on the beach for a passing ship or maybe walk along the beach or maybe" before she can continue i interrupt her.

"Sansa we need food and water or we are going to die we need to go through that forest now let's go" I say leaving no room for debate.

"Stay close and don't get separated" I say to her before parting the brush and stepping into the dark.

(Sansa POV)

'This is crazy this is crazy are we actually going into there' I quickly think to myself while walking behind Jon.

'I hate this so much and all because Jon couldn't handle a life at the wall' I think while huffing.

As we step through the threshold to the forest all the sound died and the only thing I could hear was mine and Jon's breathing and the slight crackling from the fire.

Not even our footsteps made sounds we we walked over the dirt and leaves. It was so dark in this forest I could barely see where we were going only specks of light could be seen if you looked up at the tall thick trees.

*whispers*

I turn around thinking I hear something but with no light it's impossible to see anything apart from the entrance to the forest we came into.

"Jon did you hear that" I say with a bit of worry in my voice tapping him on the shoulder.

"There's nothing to hear Sansa it's just your imagination , father always says the dark can play tricks on you" Jon says without turning around.

I nod and continue walking behind him though a little closer than I was before.

*Louder Whispers*

"Jon!!!" I scream tears in my eyes "You have to of heard that it was so close, please Jon tell me you heard it" I say before turning back around and noticing that Jon was gone and I was all by myself in the dark.

(Jon POV)

"Jon did you hear that" I hear Sansa say with a bit of concern in her voice before she taps me on the shoulder.

Without turning around I recite to her something father always use to say to me "There's nothing to hear Sansa it's just your imagination , father always says the dark can play tricks on you" this seems to relax her as she doesn't say anything else.

I continue pushing forwards pushing apart thick brushes as I move, I around to check on Sansa and see that she is fine and looks a lot less scared than she did before she seems a lot more indifferent about the situation now 'I'm glad she's not being a spoiled princess about this anymore' I think to myself turning back around.

"Seven hells when is this forest going to end, the hill couldn't of been more than a few miles away from the beach" I say out loud while rubbing my forehead "Are you doing okay Sansa, it shouldn't be too long now" I say without turning around.

"Yes Jon Snow I am fine" Sansa states in a neutral tone

'Jon snow? I guess she must be feeling better if she's taking the time to remind me of my bastard nature' i continue walking onwards for what seems like hours.

"Jon" Sansa asks me in a low voice

"What Sansa" I reply

"Do you ever regret it" she asks me in the same cold voice she's been using for a while

"Regret what" I ask

"Killing your mother" Sansa says with no emotion in her voice.

I stop moving full of disbelief that Sansa had just said something so hurtful before I can even think of saying something she starts talking again.

"You must not feel terribly bad about it since you killed me as well" Sansa says with a little humour in her voice

"You brought me to this horrible place and now I'm going to die" she says while giggling.

Id had enough and was just about to turn around and unleash my rage upon her before she spoke again

"Don't turn around" a voice I didn't recognise said to me and it made my blood run cold.

I started trembling in place 'what the hell is that!' I shout in my head while gripping my dagger on my belt.

I steel myself and take my dagger out of its sheath and quickly turn only to find no one there.

'Where is Sansa' I think to myself in a panic 'how long as she been gone, how long was that person in her stead' all these questions being thought at a rapid pace before I remember what it said

"You Killed Me As well"

"SANSA!" I shout while running back the way I came.

"SANSA!!!"

(AN: Finally into the jungle, maybe a bit more entertainment, less actiony stuff but there will be plenty of that too. But with what's written about sothoroyos I've always thought it's a very horror like land with all the creatures and mysteries. Anyway hope you enjoy.)