A Long Time Ago

(AN: Gonna try do this scene in 3rd person apologises if it is inconsistent or maybe I say "I" or "me" at some point)

(Location: Tower of Joy)
(Time: Afternoon)

Lord Eddard Stark can be seen approaching the Tower of joy with his Bannermen, Howland Reed, Ethan Glover, Mark Ryswell, Theo Wull, Martyn Cassel and William Dustin.

From information they had gotten from the Spider, though through what means this intelligence was gathered is unknown they discovered that Rhaegar Targaryen has placed Eddards captured sister Lyanna in a place in Dorne called the tower of joy.

A grim expression can be found on Lord Starks face as he discovers a question he'd been asking himself for weeks.

'If Arthur Dayne wasn't at the trident then where was he'

This question is now answered as the three remaining loyal kings guard can be seen sitting outside the tower to Lord Stark they look akin to prison guards making sure their charge does not escape.

As the seven companions rode up to the tower of joy the calm and collected members of the kings guard each stood up from where they were seated and approached the riders.

Leading them was Arthur Dayne the one known as the Sword of the Morning, the most talented swordsman in in Westeros.

On his right was The White Bull Gerold Hightower, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. A veteran in combat as well as someone who distinguished himself during the war of the Ninepenny Kings. He was accepted into the order by Ser Duncan the Tall a man reputed to be a true knight which says a lot of his character.

On his left was Oswell Whent, apart from Arthur there was never a man more loyal to Rhaegar Targaryen. Though the degree of fanaticism can be argued.

These men stand here the remnants of the broken Targaryen kingdom intending to follow their orders to the death.

"I looked for you on the trident" Lord Stark says in a neutral tone as he walks up to the golden trio.

"We were not there" replied Gerold Hightower.

"Woe to the usurper if we had been" Added Oswell Whent with a sneer in his voice as he spits on the floor in front of the rebels.

"When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were." Lord Stark stated.

"Far away,"Gerold said, "or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells."

"I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege," Lord Stark told them, "and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."

"Our knees do not bend easily," said Arthur.

"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him." Said the young Stark Lord with no small amount of confusion.

"Ser Willem is a good man, and true," said Ser Oswell.

"But not of the Kingsguard,"Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then, or now," said Arthur. He donned his helm, and took Dawn out of the ground where it was placed.

"We swore a vow," explained Gerold in a clear voice as he lifted his head up high.