Our Meeting Was Destiny

(Narrow Sea)

Under the high sun and amidst the gentle caress of the wind, Aegon Targaryen stood on the deck of his ship, his gaze sweeping across the vast expanse of the ocean. A hundred ships sailed alongside his own, forming a formidable fleet that carried his aspirations and destiny.

At his side stood his trusted advisor and the future Hand of the King, Jon Connington, a man whose loyalty and wisdom had guided him through his childhood to adulthood. The bond between them was unbreakable, and Connington's presence was a reassurance of their shared purpose.

Beside Jon Connington stood Duck, a loyal friend and member of his Kingsguard. In the presence of his close companions, Aegon found solace and camaraderie, a reminder that he was not alone on this path he had chosen.

As the ships sailed steadfastly, their billowing sails capturing the wind's embrace, Aegon's eyes remained fixed on the horizon. Coming up on deck and hugging into his side was his sister Rhaenys Targaryen, she had her hair tied up in two buns and wore a red dress with black lace "Are you feeling better sister? I had heard the sea was rough on you"

She smiled and kissed him on the cheek "It has indeed unsettled my stomach but I feel better now that I am with you" she replied as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Your grace I wish you would reconsider taking Dragonstone," Jon said as he stepped next to Aegon.

Aegon shook his head "If I am to conquer Westeros it will be as my ancestors did before me, Dragonstone will give us control over Blackwater Bay and with the coastal Houses supporting us we will have naval superiority" he replied.

"My brother is so smart" Rhaenys purred as she stroked his chest.

"Your grace I-"

"Enough Jon, You will not change my mind on this," he said cutting him off. Aegon was determined to follow the path of his namesake, and while he did not have dragons he did have the ancestral sword of House Targaryen, Blackfyre. The Royal Navy was blockading the sunset sea at the moment so now would be the perfect time to secure Dragonstone and the narrow sea before they returned. They would also get two high-value hostages in the form of Shireen and Selyse Baratheon.

Once he had secured Dragonstone he would smash the Usurper's forces from behind while Dorne attacked them from the front. Aegon was certain this plan would work and therefore ignored the council of the more experienced commanders.

"Come brother, join me in my cabin, I could use your company," Rhaenys said in a sultry voice.

Aegon smirks and follows her down to the cabin intent on enjoying himself with his future wife once more.

———————————————————-
(Tower of Joy)

Robert Baratheon stood in front of the ruins of what used to be the Tower of Joy. All those years ago when Lyanna had taken her final breathes here Ned had seen fit to burn the place down, something Robert wholly agreed with, though it was a sham that he didn't see fit to throw the baby in the fire as well, would've saved them the trouble and only given Robert one dragon spawn to smash in.

The Army of the Reach had met with the Northern forces and they had just made camp by the ruined tower, they would push through the Princes Pass once they had organised their troops. That was the problem with mixing two armies, especially ones as different as the North and The Reach. To the North the Reachmen were a bunch of flower boys who had no clue of what hardship was, they had never had to suffer the blistering cold or lack of food.

But to the Reach, the Northmen were a bunch of savage ingrates who were boisterous and loud, it had barely been a week since they had camped and there were dozens of fights among the troops. But Robert didn't particularly care, as long as they fought the enemy he couldn't give two shits if they fought each other. He would crush the boy's skull with his Warhammer and end the rape child of Rhaegar.