The Great Ranging

(Location: Castle Black)
(Time: Morning)

"Look girls I know it's dangerous but he's our uncle I can't abandon him, especially when I know he could be alive" Daeron reasons with Sansa and Arya.

They were currently in the room that was provided to the girls in the kings tower, Daeron had just told them to that he would be leaving at the end of the week as he was joining the great ranging expedition in order to investigate the mysterious things happening beyond the wall as well as try to find the missing men.

Arya and Sansa were not happy when Daeron said they wouldn't be coming with him, Sansa especially as many times Daeron had gone into danger for her sake, how could she sleep at night knowing she didn't do the same for him.

"But why do we have to stay" Sansa cries out her blue eyes watering as she grabs onto Daerons arm, Arya acting very much just as upset as her sister was.

"Arya isn't ready for a dangerous place like this, she needs to stay here and I need you to keep her safe Sansa" Daeron says honestly, it was quite humorous that over a year ago he would be saying this to Arya instead of Sansa.

"I can take care of myself" Arya says indignantly narrowing her eyes at Daeron who shivered a little at the look but then sighs putting his hand on her head stroking her soft hair.

"I know Arya but this is different, this won't be like travelling in the wolfs wood, 300 people will be leaving and many may not return" Daeron says seriously to the girls.

"Stay here with my uncle and keep him company, look after him for me please, besides I'll have Shiera to protect me if I get into any trouble" Daeron says with a smile trying to reassure his little sisters.

'Daeron' he hears her speak through the link to him so he focuses on it.

'Is everything okay' Daeron asks her.

'Somethings stopping me from travelling over the wall I can perch on it but not cross, I wanted to see if I could catch a baby mammoth somewhere but as soon as I intended to go across it was like I couldn't take go any further and actually found myself flying away' Shiera says to Daeron with some concern.

'Do you have any idea why that could be?' Daeron asks curiously though he can't help the frown that mares his face.

'This wall is ancient, spells woven into the structure that do things I'm not sure of, if I was bigger I might be able to break through but I'm special, a lesser dragon like Vhagar wouldn't even perch on the wall' Shiera says to Daeron.

'Stay here and protect the girls, don't let them know you're here if you don't have to, don't need them worrying that you're not with me' Daeron says to her getting a mental nod back from her.

"I'll be fine, I'll have Shiera and we'll bring Benjen back and after we'll head towards Starfall and be with our friends" Daeron says with a smile reassuring the girls.

He then realises that he needs to head to the courtyard as he promised the Lord Commander he would help train the newer brothers, so he pecks Sansa on the lips, and hugs Arya before leaving.

For the next week that was Daerons schedule, he trained the men and spent time with his family and Shiera, he was a bit concerned with going beyond the wall, he knew what sort of horrors hid in the shadows so he could guess that perhaps the tales of others were not exaggerated, he wished he hadn't lost his Targaryen magic in Gogossos, it would've been immensely valuable right now.

Soon the day to leave Castle Black had approached and Daeron was getting ready to leave, he had already said his goodbyes to the girls and to Aemon, Alliser had barely left his side this week, he originally was supposed to able acting Lord Commander in Jeors absence but he had practically begged the man to be allowed to come onto the expedition.