Chapter 5: "Doctor Mo"

After a while, Han Li felt a tightening around his waist and suddenly felt himself being lifted upwards. Turning his head, he saw the senior disciple who had been following closely behind him, one hand holding him and the other climbing swiftly upwards. At that moment, the sun was hanging high in the sky.
In the end, Han Li still couldn't complete the journey, feeling a bit disheartened. He couldn't help but wonder why, despite his efforts, he still couldn't match up to others.
Upon reaching the top of the cliff, only six young children were sitting nearby resting. While one of them, Wuyan, was speaking with a senior figure dressed in a deep blue outer robe, the main hall master and Guardian Wang stood beside them, with several others waiting for the slower young disciples to be brought up by their senior brothers.
The main hall master stepped forward, facing the young disciples solemnly. "Among the qualifiers this time, there are a total of seven. Six of them will enter our Hundred Forge Hall as official inner disciples. As for Wuyan, for being the first to reach the cliff and displaying outstanding performance, he will be directly admitted to the Seven Ultimate Hall to learn the sect's ultimate techniques."
Although Han Li and Zhang Tie, who also showed outstanding performance but failed to reach the cliff in time, were still noticed. They would undergo another assessment in half a year, and if they passed, they would become official inner disciples. Otherwise, they would be sent to the outer sect for further training.
Zhang Jun and Wu Mingrui were assigned to lead them. Han Li noticed that the cold senior brother was named Zhang Jun. Their conversation made Han Li vaguely aware that the Seven Mysteries Sect was different from his home.
Walking along the mountain road, Zhang Jun and Wu Mingrui greeted an old man respectfully. The old man told them that they needed a disciple for refining medicine and another for gathering herbs, pointing to Han Li and Zhang Tie, saying they could go with him.
The old man led them to the Valley of Divine Hands and arranged for their accommodation. Han Li, exhausted, fell asleep on the bed. For him, he was already half a disciple of the Seven Mysteries Sect.