Chapter 145: Unexpected Guest

"Yes, Brother Wu has a great idea!" The old man named Ye's eyes lit up with excitement.

Then he turned his head, looking expectantly at Master Zhongling, and said, "Senior Brother, can you let me meet the owner of the Ascension Token? I want to negotiate with him to voluntarily give up the Foundation Establishment Pill!"

After pondering for a moment, Master Zhongling nodded in agreement. However, he reiterated to the old man not to use any unscrupulous means to force the transaction, before letting the disciple named Wang take him to meet the unexpected guest.

The old man and Wang left the main hall and immediately soared into the air on a leaf-shaped magical device, flying towards the reception building of the Yellow Maple Valley.

Meanwhile, in a room in the reception building of the Yellow Maple Valley, a young man lay on the bed staring at the ceiling in a daze. He was Han Li, the winner who came to the Yellow Maple Valley along with the Ascension Conference.

After Han Li killed the two cultivators who ambushed him, he proceeded without further incident to a secluded mountain in Lanzhou, where he participated in the Ascension Conference held shortly afterward. He witnessed the fierce competition on the arena stage, which was even more brutal than what Aunt Huping described.

After a life-and-death battle, the final winners emerged from each arena. At this time, the guides of the Seven Immortal Sects finally appeared, and the guide of the Yellow Maple Valley was Wang, the disciple.

After seeing the guide of the Yellow Maple Valley, Han Li, after careful consideration, decided to take the risk and handed over the Ascension Token for inspection, which surprised the other party.

At that time, the other party expressed that they could take Han Li back to the sect. As for how to deal with him and the Ascension Token, it would be decided by their sect leader. After all, the last time an Ascension Token was retrieved was four to five hundred years ago!

Naturally, Han Li did not object. Otherwise, it would have been quite arduous for him to find the sect entrance of the Yellow Maple Valley by himself.

So, under the astonished gazes of other cultivators, Han Li, along with ten other winners, was taken back to the Yellow Maple Valley by the guide Wang, and was arranged to wait here for a response. As for the other ten people, they were separated and taken elsewhere.

Han Li waited here for three or four days, never leaving the room, except for a young servant who delivered meals punctually every day. He never saw anyone else.

This was not because Han Li was obedient; it was because the guide named Wang, after arranging for him to stay and testing his attributes, explicitly told him that because he was not yet a disciple of the Yellow Maple Valley, the room was under a prohibition spell and he couldn't leave temporarily. Otherwise, it would trigger the prohibition spell and trap him.

Hearing Wang's explanation, Han Li naturally wouldn't seek trouble for himself. Moreover, after knowing that he had a pseudo-spirit root with four attributes, Han Li's mood was also not very good for a while.

Although Han Li had long been aware of his poor aptitude for cultivation, hearing it with his own ears still left him feeling disheartened for a whole day. It seemed that if he wanted to make progress in the path of cultivation, he could only rely on external forces such as pills.

However, after reaching the ninth layer of the Longevity Arts, Han Li felt that the efficacy of the "Yellow Dragon Pill" and the "Golden Marrow Pill" had significantly decreased, and their help to him was not as great as before. It seemed that he had to find several other medicinal formulas to prepare some pills truly suitable for cultivators, so as not to delay his cultivation progress.