Chapter 90 Flying Sword?

At first glance, the man in the midst of a ferocious attack seemed to have the absolute advantage. But little did anyone know, this seemingly mighty individual was secretly suffering.
With each punch he delivered, he caused the golden light to dent, making the entire golden shield tremble, as if tearing through the opponent's defense was only a matter of time.
However, what no one knew was that every time his hands and feet touched the golden light, they were met with a resilient rebound force. And as he increased his strength, this rebound became more intense, causing severe pain in his hands and feet. It was estimated that as soon as he relaxed his qi, they would immediately swell up.
Moreover, this layer of golden light was extremely resilient. The areas he hit would immediately return to their original shape after he withdrew his hand, as if they had never been struck. And even if he kept attacking the same spot, it would only maintain the depressed shape without further penetration.
Despite the relentless assault by this burly man, the golden shield continued to tremble, looking as though it could break at any moment.
But at this point, everyone's thoughts took a complete turnaround. They all understood that the man couldn't break through the shield, and his immense strength could only cause some shaking, unable to completely destroy it.
As a result, not only did Jia Tianlong dismiss the idea of sending someone forward, but even the dwarf himself became calm.
However, due to his earlier embarrassment, the expression of the Golden Light Master showed a sense of shame, and his gaze towards the man became even more malicious. But because of the consecutive attacks he received, he couldn't stand steadily, and he kept making mistakes in his spellcasting during this time. So, he simply stopped chanting the incantation and instead stared fiercely at the man, muttering incomprehensible curses under his breath.
Yet, the man seemed oblivious to all these changes, continuing his frenzied assault on the golden shield, even as everyone thought that the man, seemingly tireless, wouldn't stop.
"Bang! Bang! Crash!" After exerting all his strength and suddenly attacking with two punches and a kick, the man suddenly turned around, ran backward, and his huge body's speed was surprisingly not slow.

The man's actions left the onlookers initially surprised, but soon there was an uproar.

The Golden Light Master was also momentarily stunned, but then he erupted in fury. He quickly sat cross-legged, placing the black box horizontally on his legs, and began chanting incantations. His fingers were raised in a strange posture in front of his chest, trembling with great effort. The exertion in his trembling fingers seemed as if each one was pulling a thousand pounds of force.

At that moment, the man was only a few steps away from the main formation of the Seven Profound Sect, about to retreat into the crowd. Suddenly, a loud "起" came from behind him, and then he saw Wang Juechu and others' faces change drastically. They almost simultaneously shouted, "Be careful!"

Startled, the man quickly veered to the left and turned to look.

Just then, a hazy grey beam of light, like lightning, flashed past him from where he had just been standing.

The man's heart skipped a beat, but he quickly calmed down. Since he had avoided this projectile, he thought he could reunite with his two fellow sect brothers without worry, feeling reassured.

Before he could finish this thought, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his right arm. He couldn't help but lower his head to look, but before he could fully comprehend what was happening, another round of alarmed cries erupted. The voices of his two fellow sect brothers were among them, filled with anxiety.

The man hesitated for a moment, feeling somewhat puzzled. Suddenly, a glimmer appeared before his eyes, and a grey streak pierced through his chest, the shape exactly like the projectile he had dodged just moments ago.

The man was filled with questions and unwillingness as he exclaimed, "What's going on?" Moments later, his vision darkened, and he lost consciousness.

Even in his final moments, the man failed to comprehend what had just occurred. However, onlookers from the Wild Wolf Gang and the Seven Profound Sect saw everything clearly.

They witnessed that after the dwarf completed his chant and gestures, uttering the word "Rise," a streak of gray light shot out from the black box, circled around the dwarf's head, and then, following his finger, flew straight towards the man.

Although the man cleverly dodged the initial strike aimed at his chest, the gray light grazed his shoulder, causing his arm to silently fall off. It seemed the man hadn't noticed the incident due to the sharpness of the gray light.

Then, something even more shocking happened. After being dodged, the streak of gray light, following the dwarf's finger, suddenly made a sharp turn about twenty feet past the man, turned back, and struck him fatally, catching him off guard.

Everyone was stunned by this scene, their eyes drawn to the gray light hovering above the dwarf's head.

The term "Flying Sword" involuntarily came to the minds of most people. Although they were unaware of the existence of cultivators, they had heard plenty of legends about flying swords.

This streak of gray light was remarkably similar to the flying swords used by legendary swordsmen, almost identical.

Could this inconspicuous dwarf be a legendary swordsman? Most people, now looking at the golden figure, were filled with awe. After all, the title of a swordsman could impress many mortals.

At this moment, the golden figure stood tall and proud, manipulating the gray streak arrogantly. It danced above his head, forming a long gray python, evoking awe from the Wild Wolf Gang and silence from the Seven Profound Sect.

While Jia Tianlong's side was emboldened by the presence of a swordsman, the Seven Profound Sect was thrown into confusion by this unexpected turn of events, dampening their fighting spirit. However, Han Li was the only one in the crowd who felt ecstatic upon seeing the gray streak.

He realized that the incantation and gestures used by the golden figure to control the gray light were exactly the same as the "Manipulation Technique" he had learned. Although he wasn't sure if the gray streak was a flying sword, it was definitely the object controlled by the Manipulation Technique. This was undoubtedly a significant discovery.

Now, Han Li's mind was filled with thoughts of killing and plundering treasures. It seemed his interest in cultivators was growing stronger.