Chapter 82: Golden Light Master

The speaker stood at the side of Jia Tianlong, a dwarf about three feet tall.

The dwarf, in his forties, was thin and wore a red robe embroidered with golden threads. He had gold rings on his fingers and neck, along with thick gold chains and bells tied around his waist. When he spoke, his mouth sparkled with gold, suggesting he had gold teeth. His appearance resembled that of a wealthy country landlord.

He wore an impatient expression, clearly displeased with Jia Tianlong's cautiousness.

Despite his disrespectful attitude towards Jia Tianlong, the loyal iron guards nearby couldn't help but glare at the dwarf.

However, the dwarf sneered at their disapproval, showing no concern. Instead, he arrogantly addressed Jia Tianlong, saying:

"Jia Master, you spent three thousand taels of gold to invite me from the distant Golden Light Temple. Surely, you didn't just bring me here to watch overnight? If there's anyone you want me to deal with, speak up now. I hope it's not just the leader of the Seven Mysteries Gate. You can handle such weak opponents yourself, right? Is it worth spending so much gold to hire me?"

"Even if it's just the leader of the Seven Mysteries Gate, I don't need Master Xian's help. What I've invited Master Xian to deal with are the three senior uncles of the Seven Mysteries Gate's leader. Although these three have claimed to be deceased, they've been secretly residing in a hidden chamber on Sunset Peak, undergoing a life-and-death trial. Their cultivation has probably reached the Transcendence Realm, and they are formidable opponents that ordinary experts cannot contend with. They are currently the Seven Mysteries Gate's greatest reliance, and only by asking Master Xian for help can we deal with them," Jia Tianlong said humbly, showing no disrespect.

Jia Tianlong had met this red-robed dwarf by chance in a nearby Taoist temple. The man, who called himself the Golden Light Master, possessed immense magical powers. He personally demonstrated the art of flying swords and the invincible body technique. Witnessing this, Jia Tianlong was deeply impressed and sought a close relationship with him.

Upon learning of the man's obsession with gold, Jia Tianlong immediately offered him a substantial amount of gold and flattered him, finally winning his favor and securing his assistance.

Therefore, Jia Tianlong treated the dwarf with the utmost respect, concealing any disdain he might have felt towards his arrogance. He was well aware that the Golden Light Master was not someone his small Wild Wolf Gang could oppose.

Upon hearing Jia Tianlong's words, the Golden Light Master burst into laughter. After the laughter subsided, he arrogantly said, "Just a few ordinary people? Leave them to me! Even if they have high cultivation and strong martial skills, they are no match for my Flying Sword Technique. You can rest assured!"

"Then I'll trouble Master Xian. I won't renege on the promised reward, and after the matter is settled, I'm willing to offer another two thousand taels of gold as a reward," Jia Tianlong said happily, increasing the stakes. He knew it was best to speak with gold when dealing with someone like the Golden Light Master.

Upon hearing this, the Golden Light Master, with a dry and wrinkled face, showed a hint of a smile, clearly appreciating Jia Tianlong's understanding.

With the assurance of the Golden Light Master, Jia Tianlong no longer hesitated and immediately ordered the members of the Wild Wolf Gang to advance to the summit of Sunset Peak and prepare to attack the Seven Mysteries Gate's main hall—the Seven Mysteries Hall.

As there were too many people surging onto the peak, Jia Tianlong and his iron guards had to make great efforts to reach the stone hall.

Although it was dark, and the details of the stone halls were not clear due to the dim light of the torches, their black, towering, grand, and magnificent presence was enough to intimidate the Wild Wolf Gang and the members of other small and medium-sized gangs who had just arrived. For a moment, they did not immediately attack but surrounded the stone halls tightly, leaving no room for escape.

"Considering the Seven Mysteries Gate has been a heritage for over two hundred years, its financial resources are not comparable to our Gang, which has only risen to prominence in the last decade. It's truly extravagant!" Jia Tianlong thought to himself.

He had made up his mind that once the Seven Mysteries Gate was destroyed, he would immediately move the headquarters here. Only such a magnificent building could match his status as a local overlord.

Jia Tianlong looked at the dark entrance of the main hall and then at his subordinates. Finally, he slowly raised his right hand.

In an instant, the entire Sunset Peak fell silent, and all eyes were fixed on his palm. Everyone knew that as soon as this hand began to fall, the fierce battle to annihilate the Seven Mysteries Gate's main hall would begin.

"Hold on a moment."

Just then, a cold voice came from the dark entrance of the main hall.

Then, a rhythmic sound of footsteps, "pat-pat," came from inside, becoming clearer and clearer.

Finally, a middle-aged man in white appeared at the entrance. He had a wooden hairpin on his head and only carried a white sword scabbard on his body. His face was extremely pale, but his eyes were bright and sharp, piercing like a sword, making people shiver.

He stopped a few yards away from the entrance and slowly surveyed the people in front of him. There was no fear on his face.

Finally, his gaze fell on Jia Tianlong's raised right hand, and then moved from his palm to his face.

"Jia Tianlong," the middle-aged man uttered Jia Tianlong's name.

"Wang Juechu," Jia Tianlong replied, showing no weakness.

"Speaking of which, this is the first time we, as leaders of our respective factions, have met face to face, isn't it, my

esteemed Master Wang?" Jia Tianlong said in a sarcastic tone, smiling scornfully, and then slowly lowered his raised right hand.

Wang Juechu stared back at Jia Tianlong, silent and expressionless, the atmosphere seeming to become tense.

"Wang Master came here alone. Are you planning to surrender?" Jia Tianlong asked with a mocking tone and a smile.

"Indeed, I plan to discuss surrendering with you," replied Seven Mysteries Gate Master Wang Juechu coldly.