Chapter 52 Soul Devouring by Seven Demons

Han Li's face began to turn blue as he stared at Doctor Mo, who raised the peculiar blade high in the air. In the sunlight, the blade gleamed, emphasizing its extraordinary sharpness.

He couldn't help feeling a bit panicked, but his rationality told him that after going through so much trouble to capture him alive, the other party wouldn't just take his life without a word, they were simply trying to intimidate him.

So when he saw the blade slowly descending from above, aiming straight for him, he remained silent, barely maintaining a calm demeanor.

It wasn't until the blade was just half an inch away from his head, and he could feel the chill even in the tips of his hair, that he slowly closed his eyes, a faint regret flashing through his mind.

"Is the other party really going to kill me? If I had known earlier, I should have begged for mercy. Maybe there would still be a chance to survive. I'm still young, I really don't want to die like this. Would my parents be sad to hear of my death? Would they regret sending me to the Seven Profound Sect..."

Facing this life and death situation, Han Li's mind was filled with various thoughts, as if in this moment, he experienced the joys and sorrows of life and death, gaining insights into the matter of life and death.

The sound of the blade piercing the body came.

Han Li's body trembled slightly, but then he was surprised to find that he didn't feel any pain.

"What's going on?" He opened his eyes in astonishment.

As soon as he opened his eyes, Han Li was stunned.

Unexpectedly, he saw that the strange blade was inserted into Doctor Mo's own shoulder, deeply embedded in his body, with only the handle exposed outside, trembling slightly. Perhaps because it was too sharp, not a drop of blood leaked out, appearing extremely eerie.

While Han Li was dumbfounded, Doctor Mo casually praised him.

"Tsk tsk! Kid, you really have some courage. You even let the blade reach your neck and still didn't beg for mercy. You've got guts!"

"in my days of wandering the martial world, has encountered countless heroes and brave men who claim to fear nothing in front of others. But once they fall into my hands, with just a little threat, they all turn into whimpering cowards, kneeling and begging for mercy, showing a greedy fear of death." Han Li listened, stunned and tongue-tied, unsure of how to respond.

When faced with Mo the Physician's continuous praise, Han Li naturally wouldn't explain himself deliberately, but he felt a myriad of emotions swirling within him, unsure whether to be happy or disheartened. Just as Han Li's thoughts were racing, Mo the Physician swiftly embedded the remaining peculiar blades all over his body, leaving only the handles with ghostly heads exposed. Before Han Li could react, he was horrified to find seven sharp blades stuck in various parts of Mo the Physician's body, such as his shoulders, legs, abdomen, and chest, giving the appearance of being dismembered by random blades. Seeing this, Han Li found it both amusing and astonishing, realizing that such self-mutilation likely indicated the use of a formidable technique, possibly intended to deal with him. After embedding the blades, Mo the Physician fell silent, instead crouching in front of Han Li and closing his eyes, entering a focused state, no longer paying attention to external matters. Han Li sensed this as a rare opportunity to escape and attempted to move, but his shoulders suddenly felt heavy, rendering him immobilized once again. With a wry smile, Han Li realized he had forgotten about the giant man standing guard nearby; with him watching his every move, Han Li had little chance of escape.

It seems that Mo the Physician had carefully considered his actions before entering his trance-like state, showing no fear of any tricks Han Li might attempt. As for the giant known as "Iron Slave," he was a mysterious figure, just like Mo the Physician's "Devil Silver Hand," impervious to blades and spears all over his body, even at the most vulnerable spots. Today, Han Li had truly fallen into the hands of these individuals.

While Han Li silently criticized the giant in his mind, the other person in front of him underwent a strange transformation.

Mo the Physician's face began twitching uncontrollably, his entire body shaking violently. His facial muscles contorted in apparent agony, amplifying the eerie atmosphere already set by the blades piercing his body. Suddenly, Mo the Physician ceased trembling, but from deep within his throat came a deep, primal roar, filled with raw animalistic fury. In that instant, Mo the Physician seemed no longer an old man but a fierce beast emerging from the wilderness.

Then, even more horrifyingly, the ghostly mist that had appeared on Mo the Physician's face a year ago reappeared.

This mist was vastly different from before, denser and darker, enveloping Mo the Physician's face like a black mask, concealing his true visage. The tendrils emanating from the mist underwent a tremendous change, now smoother, shinier, with an almost tangible texture, as if they had gained substance. They writhed and danced relentlessly on Mo the Physician's face.

Mo the Physician formed a peculiar hand gesture with his fingers resembling a lotus flower, and his lips moved as if uttering an incantation, though too quietly for Han Li to discern.

As Mo the Physician's inexplicable actions continued, the mist on his face seemed to become enraged, boiling and roiling like water poured into a scalding oil pot. More tiny tendrils emerged from it, menacingly, as if trying to prevent Mo the Physician from further action.

Just as the black mist thickened to its maximum, Mo the Physician opened his eyes. Through the thick mist, Han Li could still see the intense gleam within them.

"Seven Ghosts Devouring Souls!"

Mo the Physician roared, announcing the name of the arcane technique he was about to unleash.