Chapter 163: Treasures in the Lacquered Boxes

At this moment, the shopkeeper Tian began to introduce the contents of the lacquered boxes to Han Li.

"This is a set of Golden Cicada Mother Blades. There's one Mother Blade and eight Sub-Blades. Made from refined iron and gold essence by a Foundation Establishment expert over three days and nights. Just by holding the Mother Blade, you can control the eight Sub-Blades to attack the enemy simultaneously, making it extremely formidable," he said, pointing to a set of faint golden blades in one of the boxes.

Han Li didn't speak, but reached out to pick up one of the Sub-Blades and examined it carefully for a moment before nodding and placing it back.

"We have here the Profound Iron Soaring Shield, an extremely rare defensive magical item. Crafted from the rare Profound Iron found in the depths of the Cold Yin Region, it's not only incredibly sturdy and unbreakable but can also be activated to automatically defend in all directions," the shopkeeper continued, picking up a palm-sized miniature iron shield and explaining.

Han Li took the shield in his hand, traced the patterns on its surface, and pondered for a moment before asking, "Can I try activating it with magic?"

"Of course, you may. Please feel free to use it," the shopkeeper replied generously.

Since the shopkeeper had given his consent, Han Li didn't hesitate. He infused spiritual power into the item.

Instantly, the iron shield emitted a dark radiance, rapidly expanding to several times its original size. It then floated away from his palm, hovering in the air and revolving around him, covering certain vital areas of his body perfectly.

Han Li was delighted. He slightly diverted his attention and manipulated the shield, finding it extremely nimble and responsive.

After trying it out, Han Li was very satisfied with this magical item. What he lacked most at the moment were defensive magical items like this. With this shield, his chances of surviving the Blood Prohibition Trial would undoubtedly increase significantly.

However, Han Li didn't immediately express his intention. He silently returned the iron shield to its box and continued to await the shopkeeper's further introductions.

The shopkeeper didn't express any dissatisfaction with Han Li's actions. He continued to enthusiastically recommend the next item, a blue spherical bead about the size of a pill.

"This is the Thunder Bead. Several hundred years ago, a mysterious cultivator accidentally condensed it from heavenly thunderbolts. Each bead possesses immense power. It's said that even Foundation Establishment cultivators would be annihilated if they faced this thunder directly. Originally, there were seventy-three beads, but over time, only a few remain. This one was obtained by our store after considerable effort," the shopkeeper said proudly, holding up the bead and explaining its rarity.

Han Li was moved. To be able to kill Foundation Establishment cultivators, such an item was incredibly valuable. If he could acquire it, it would be like having a trump card in the Blood Prohibition Trial. However, the price was likely to be exorbitant, otherwise it wouldn't still be unsold.

After the shopkeeper finished introducing the Thunder Bead, he fell silent, and even though there was one more lacquered box on the table, he didn't mention it.

Han Li chuckled inwardly, understanding the shopkeeper's intentions. It was time for him to demonstrate his strength; otherwise, he wouldn't easily get a glimpse of the treasure inside the final box.

This time, Han Li had brought all his spiritual stones with him to prevent any unexpected situations. In addition to the two millennium-old spirit herbs, he also carried all his spiritual stones, including two mid-grade spiritual stones and nearly a hundred low-grade ones.

However, Han Li didn't immediately reveal the two spirit herbs. Instead, he first took out an exquisitely crafted small wooden box from his storage pouch, which seemed exceptionally valuable. One of the spirit herbs was placed inside this box.

Han Li did this because he understood the principle of "clothes make the man." With proper packaging, he could increase the value of the herbs by a few notches without losing out.

Han Li didn't open the box immediately but handed the entire box to the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper had been paying close attention to Han Li's actions, and when he saw this, he also didn't say a word. He took the box and carefully examined it before slowly opening it.

"Hmm," the shopkeeper muttered, surprised, as he saw the contents of the box. However, his expression soon turned displeased.

"Shopkeeper Tian, did you summon this old man just to identify something that's not even worth my while?" The elderly man wheezed slightly, then spoke tremblingly.

Shopkeeper Tian greeted the old man respectfully and offered him a seat before explaining the situation.