Chapter 147: Details of the Valley

After completing the transaction with Han Li, the old man surnamed Ye, along with Han Li, flew towards the main hall of the Yellow Maple Valley to report to the sect leader, Master Zhong Ling.

Shortly after, Han Li stood in front of the huge stone hall, curiously observing the several Yellow Maple Valley disciples guarding the entrance. These disciples had much deeper cultivation bases than Han Li, with at least ten layers of foundational cultivation techniques. This sight left Han Li somewhat amazed, further elevating his perception of the strength of cultivators in this sect.

When the old man surnamed Ye and Han Li arrived, the former instructed Han Li to wait outside the hall for Master Zhong's summons while he went in alone. This left Han Li in an awkward situation, standing alone outside the hall, feeling somewhat resentful.

Fortunately, after a while, a middle-aged man in white robes emerged from inside the hall. He walked directly up to Han Li and coldly said, "Follow me, the Master summons you."

Without waiting for Han Li's response, he turned and walked away. Han Li inwardly sighed but followed obediently, realizing his status as a ninth-level Qi Condensation cultivator was not highly regarded here.

Although he felt dissatisfied with the man's attitude, Han Li knew his position in this place and obediently followed him into the hall.

Passing through three gates guarded by disciples, Han Li finally saw Master Zhong Ling, a middle-aged man with three strands of long beard.

On both sides of the hall, there were over a dozen people dressed in various attire. When Han Li entered, they glanced at him briefly, but seeing nothing particularly noteworthy about him, they lost interest and looked away. The old man surnamed Ye and another disciple named Wang were among them.

"You must be Han Li," Master Zhong Ling asked calmly.

"Yes, Master Zhong. I am Han Li, paying respects to the Master!" Han Li respectfully stepped forward, intending to bow.

"No need for formalities! Since you've come with the Ascension Token, this Master will adhere to the rules set by our predecessors and accept you as a disciple," Master Zhong Ling said with a smile, waving his sleeve lightly.

As Han Li was about to bow, he felt a gentle force lifting him up, preventing him from continuing. This surprised him and added a touch of reverence for the Master.

"According to the rules, besides joining our sect, you also qualify to take the Foundation Establishment Pill. However, I heard from Senior Uncle Ye that you've given up this pill and handed it over to someone else. Is that true?" Master Zhong Ling got straight to the point without much preamble, stating the purpose of summoning Han Li into the hall.

"Yes, Master! The disciple felt that his aptitude was inferior, and taking such a precious pill would be too extravagant. It's better to give it to other senior brothers who need it more!" Han Li replied, feeling a twinge of regret in his heart. Giving up a Foundation Establishment Pill was no small matter!

Although he felt reluctant, Han Li maintained a respectful and obedient demeanor, which satisfied most people in the hall.

"Very well! It's heartening to see such magnanimity from you, Han Li. However, you need not worry. This Master won't let you make such a sacrifice in vain!" After speaking, Master Zhong Ling turned to the old man surnamed Ye.

"Elder Ye! Han Li has given up the Foundation Establishment Pill for someone else's use, but you must compensate him adequately. He must be satisfied with the arrangement!" Master Zhong Ling solemnly instructed.

"Of course, Master! I will ensure that Han Shizhe is satisfied!" The old man was delighted to see things unfolding as he had imagined and readily agreed.

Seeing the old man's jubilant demeanor, Master Zhong Ling smiled faintly and flicked his beard. Resolving this issue so smoothly was a relief to him.

"The matter of the Foundation Establishment Pill is settled. From today onwards, Han Li is a disciple of our sect. Wang Shidi, arrange Han Shizhe's accommodation and explain the sect's rules to him. Let him start his cultivation under the guidance of the senior disciples. If he shows outstanding performance, he will be promoted separately!" Master Zhong Ling issued instructions to Wang Shidi.

"Yes, Master!" Wang Shidi stood up and acknowledged the order.

With that, Wang Shidi immediately led Han Li out of the hall, beginning to explain the rules of the Yellow Maple Valley and some common knowledge. Han Li listened attentively, gaining a preliminary understanding of the sect.

The Yellow Maple Valley had over ten thousand disciples, with over ninety percent in the Qi Condensation stage and only a few hundred in the Foundation Establishment stage. These Foundation Establishment disciples formed the backbone of the sect.

Above them were the Nascent Soul cultivators, with only a handful in the sect. They usually secluded themselves and rarely intervened in sect affairs unless it was a matter of life and death for the sect.

The only Yuan Ying cultivator in the sect was Master Zhong Ling's senior uncle, who was said to be over nine hundred years old, possessing profound cultivation and extraordinary abilities. However, he had long left the sect and wandered other countries, with no one knowing when he would return.

The disciples were divided into three tiers based on their cultivation and achievements. The lowest tier consisted of those who hadn't taken the Foundation Establishment Pill, mostly performing menial tasks. Above them were those who had taken the pill but hadn't reached the Foundation Establishment stage, responsible for supervising and managing the lower tier. The highest tier comprised those who had reached the Foundation Establishment stage and above, enjoying better treatment and resources for cultivation.

Additionally, there were various managers who voluntarily gave up cultivation after reaching the Foundation Establishment stage. They were responsible for managing the sect's affairs and were considered the true decision-makers in the sect.

In reality, Master Zhong Ling, the sect leader, was also a high-ranking manager responsible for overall planning, overseeing other managers' work.

Ultimately, the fate of the sect rested in the hands of Nascent Soul cultivators and above. Their presence deterred external threats, allowing the Yellow Maple Valley to stand tall as one of the seven major sects.

Of course, these details weren't explained by Wang Shidi directly but were inferred by Han Li from his words and hints. This understanding helped Han Li grasp his environment and status, aiding his interactions with fellow disciples in the future.