Chapter 157: The Mu Rong Brothers

After bidding farewell to the two men in red, Han Li flew towards the Hundred Herb Garden on his flying magic tool. While pondering about the refinement of Foundation Establishment Pills, he looked down at the undulating mountains below with indifference. Suddenly, a rumbling sound came from below, startling him, and he peered down to see what was happening.

On a small mountain below, lightning flickered amidst thunderous roars, accompanied by cheers from the crowd. Han Li's curiosity was piqued, so he flew closer and landed near the source of the noise.

"Brother Mu Rong, let's have another round to showcase our skills!"

"Yeah, this is the first time I've seen lightning up close like this. It's really terrifying!"

As Han Li approached the mountaintop, he heard the noisy chatter ahead, and the mention of "Brother Mu Rong" caught his attention.

"Could it be the Mu Rong brothers, the talented siblings with Lightning Spirit Roots, displaying their abilities here?" Han Li speculated, intrigued by the familiar surname.

As he reached the mountaintop, Han Li saw about thirty to forty disciples of varying ages surrounding two excited boys, aged around eleven or twelve, in the center.

There were several blackened pits on the ground within the circle, with melted edges emitting faint smoke. A faint burnt smell wafted through the air after a breeze passed by.

Observing the scene, Han Li hurried over and carefully examined the two boys. They were both fair-skinned and delicate, looking remarkably similar. However, their agile and spirited gazes gave them a mischievous aura.

Driven by the crowd's cheers and encouragement, the two boys exchanged a glance and simultaneously chanted incantations. Bright flashes of lightning erupted from their hands, striking the nearby ground and leaving behind two new craters.

"This is the Palm Thunder of the Lightning attribute? In terms of power and sound effects, it far surpasses other spells of the same level, such as Fireball Technique and Ice Needle Technique. It truly deserves its reputation as the most destructive Lightning-type spell!" Han Li marveled silently, envious of the brothers' Spirit Roots.

Clearly, Han Li wasn't the only one with this mindset. The other onlookers also looked at the brothers with envy and resentment, wishing they had such extraordinary Spirit Roots.

After displaying their abilities a few more times, the brothers began to show signs of exhaustion due to their young age.

"What a disappointment! The power of Lightning Spirit Roots is nothing special. My Wind Spirit Root is much better!" Suddenly, a disdainful voice rang out from the crowd, drawing everyone's attention.

Two young lovers stood side by side in the crowd—the man handsome and the woman beautiful, clearly infatuated with each other. The man exuded arrogance, dismissing the Mu Rong brothers' lightning abilities, while the woman blushed under the gaze of the crowd, feeling embarrassed yet radiant.

"Who is this arrogant guy?"

"Wind Spirit Root? Isn't that another type of extraordinary Spirit Root? Does this guy also possess extraordinary Spirit Roots?"

"I know him. He's Senior Brother Lu, indeed possessing an extraordinary Spirit Root attribute and proficient in Wind-type spells!"

"Even if he also has an extraordinary Spirit Root, why would he say such things?"

"Probably out of jealousy! After all, he used to be the only one among low-level disciples with an extraordinary Spirit Root, but now suddenly two others with better qualifications have emerged. Of course, he feels unsettled!"

"What a petty person!"

"Shh! Be quiet, don't let him hear you. He holds grudges, and it would be bad if he singled you out!"

Amidst the whispers, it became evident that Senior Brother Lu's popularity wasn't particularly high.

"Hmph! Little brats, let me show you what a true extraordinary Spirit Root looks like!" Senior Brother Lu's face darkened as he strode into the circle, arrogantly declaring:

"If you two can't dodge my attacks, you'll have to kneel and apologize!"

The Mu Rong brothers, angered by Senior Brother Lu's disdainful attitude, clenched their fists, their faces turning pale.

"You won't dodge?"

"Of course not."

"And you won't use magic tools?"

"No problem."

The brothers quickly agreed to the terms, seizing the opportunity to maintain their advantage. Senior Brother Lu, on the other hand, displayed a smug expression, not bothering to argue with their conditions.

"Alright, then let me, Senior Brother, teach you a lesson!" The young woman beside Senior Brother Lu expressed concern.

"Ha ha! What's there to worry about when dealing with two little brats? You can rest assured, Junior Sister Chen!" Senior Brother Lu waved his hand dismissively and confidently stood opposite the Mu Rong brothers.

After exchanging a glance, the brothers joined hands and pointed towards the sky, chanting identical incantations.

Senior Brother Lu sneered and casually cast a defensive spell on himself, enveloping himself in a green light barrier.

"Sky Thunder Chain Attack!"

The Mu Rong brothers finally completed their incantations, pointing their fingers towards Senior Brother Lu's head. Immediately, a large dark cloud appeared above him, from which lightning bolts as thick as fingers began to rain down. The first bolt struck Senior Brother Lu's green barrier, causing it to flicker and dim. Clearly, the power of the lightning exceeded his expectations.

However, this was just the beginning. Lightning bolts continued to fall from the cloud, one after another, bombarding the green barrier and causing it to fluctuate and dim, seemingly on the verge of collapse.

Senior Brother Lu's expression darkened, and he quickly chanted a series of incantations, pressing both hands firmly against the barrier, causing the green light to surge, restoring its thickness and stability.

However, unwilling to give up their advantage, the Mu Rong brothers continued to cast various spells, expanding the black cloud in the sky. The diameter of the cloud reached several zhangs, and the lightning strikes became thicker and more frequent.

Faced with the brothers' fierce attacks, Senior Brother Lu felt a mixture of shock and anger. He had never expected that such young cultivators would master an intermediate-level Lightning spell like Chain Lightning. For a moment, he was unable to counterattack and could only focus on maintaining his defensive barrier. In front of so many witnesses, he was unwilling to admit defeat.

Thus, what began as a simple demonstration turned into an unexpected tug-of-war between the attackers and the defender. Typically, the attacker had the advantage, conserving more spiritual power than the defender. However, in this case, the Mu Rong brothers, having exhausted their spiritual power during the earlier demonstration, found themselves at a disadvantage.

As a result, after releasing the final few lightning bolts, the dark cloud dissipated, and the exhausted brothers had to reluctantly cease their attack.