Chapter 140: A Sure Thing

"You..." The man looked extremely annoyed, clenching his fists and taking a step forward.

"What? You want to force a transaction? People from our Ye Family are not easy to bully!" The stall owner retorted without any reservation.

"Hmph! The Ye Family is nothing special!" Although the man didn't back down verbally, he released his fists, showing obvious fear towards the Ye Family.

The man was furious that the stall owner was using the Ye Family to pressure him. As a cultivator at the tenth layer, he was used to being praised by others. Now, facing this embarrassment, he originally wanted to leave, but he was reluctant to part with the "Reversal Bowl." This artifact was highly compatible with his cultivation technique. If he could exchange for it, his strength would increase significantly. However, apart from this magic treasure fragment, all the other items on him were useful, and he had spent all his spirit stones several days ago, leaving him in a dilemma.

"How about I buy this fragment from you? I'll offer ten spirit stones." A man in a bulky gray robe walked out from the crowd and approached the man, bowing respectfully.

"I'm not selling! If you want it, bring thirty spirit stones." The man shook his head vigorously, unable to accept this price.

"Cough! If this fragment were a bit larger, it might be worth that price. Unfortunately, it's too small, and it can only cover a few items!" The man in gray showed regret on his face when the man refused to agree, and without lingering, he returned to the crowd.

"Twelve pieces, will you sell?"

"I'll offer thirteen?"

...

Many of the surrounding cultivators were tempted by this magic treasure fragment. Even if they couldn't use it immediately, keeping it for research might yield unexpected gains!

Soon, the price rose to twenty, with a round-faced youth making the bid.

With the price this high, others fell silent, considering it already quite high. After all, for these low-level cultivators, having ten spirit stones was considered good enough. As for those who had made bids earlier, they were mostly disciples from various families, slightly better off than others.

"Twenty?" The man's expression changed. This price had reached his bottom line! If he added another item, perhaps he could exchange for the "Reversal Bowl" from the stall owner.

"Are you willing to offer twenty spirit stones?" The man asked the round-faced youth with a friendly tone.

However, the round-faced youth seemed flustered for some reason, his face alternating between red and white, extremely anxious.

"I... I don't... have that many spirit stones!" The round-faced youth stuttered, causing everyone watching to be stunned.

"You don't! Then why did you bid earlier? Are you trying to deceive me?" The man grew furious at the youth's words. Already filled with anger, he immediately released a powerful aura that overwhelmed the youth!

"I just thought it was fun to join in! I didn't mean it seriously! Please forgive me!" The round-faced youth hastily defended himself, sweating profusely. How could a mere fifth-layer cultivator resist such spiritual pressure?

"Who was the one who bid nineteen just now? I'm willing to give away one spirit stone for free so that you can buy this item!" The youth quickly improvised, but there was silence around. It seemed that the previous bidder had also changed his mind!

"What about the one who bid eighteen?" The youth looked at the increasingly hostile face of the man, almost about to cry. He was just a humble wandering cultivator with only two spirit stones on him, which he had earned after toiling for a whole year.

Just when everyone thought there was going to be a good show, a calm voice suddenly rang out, "Hold on a moment!" A person walked in from outside the crowd, calling out to the man.

"What do you want?" The man's face darkened as he looked at the newcomer. His patience was wearing thin. If this person was here to provoke him, he wouldn't mind dealing with him, even though this person was also quite powerful, a cultivator at the ninth layer!

"I'm very interested in this thing. I want to acquire it." The newcomer pointed to the "fabric" and smiled at the man.

This cultivator, mistaken by the man as someone trying to pick a fight, was none other than Han Li.

Han Li had been intrigued when he heard about the invisibility and spiritual energy concealment capabilities of this magic treasure fragment. An unclear idea had popped into his mind! After the man demonstrated the hiding technique with the small knife, Han Li's idea became clearer, and he immediately saw this magic treasure fragment as a must-have item! Therefore, even if the round-faced youth really had twenty spirit stones and wanted to buy this item, Han Li would step in and snatch it away.

"How much are you offering?" The man was taken aback but softened his expression, asking.

"I don't intend to buy. I want to exchange with this item." Han Li calmly took out a talisman from his sleeve and placed it on the table for everyone to see clearly.

"A flight talisman!" Someone knowledgeable exclaimed!

"It's a low-grade high-level spiritual talisman!" Other cultivators were also amazed. After all, there had only been five or six low-grade high-level talismans since the beginning of the Tai Nan Assembly, and each one had sold for a staggering price!