Chapter 184: The Might of the Golden Brick

When the stubbled man saw Han Li approaching with a talisman, he wasn't worried. The wooden attribute shield on him was incredibly strong, and he didn't take ordinary attacks seriously.

Moreover, he didn't believe that a rookie with only an 11th-level cultivation technique would have any powerful talismans. At most, it would be a low-grade intermediate talisman.

So he continued forward nonchalantly, opening the mouth of his bag as if he were about to release something.

But when he was unexpectedly trapped in a yellow light shield and recognized the "Earth Prison Technique," the stubbled man's expression changed slightly, feeling that something was amiss.

At that moment, a green snake with purple flesh wings burst out of his pocket. As soon as the snake appeared, it began to make strange cries and repeatedly collided with the yellow light shield, shaking it violently with considerable force.

Seeing this, the stubbled man felt a slight joy and took out another bag to release another spirit beast to help break the earth prison. He believed that he would soon break free!

When that happened, he would extract revenge on Han Li bone by bone to vent his anger.

Han Li completely ignored the trapped enemy and dashed towards the person from the Skyrealm Sect. His speed was so fast that he seemed to appear and disappear along the way, leaving behind a series of phantoms, appearing extremely elusive.

At the same time, he lightly tapped the storage pouch at his waist, and the original "Golden Cicada Mother Blade" suddenly changed into another small artifact, tightly gripped in his hand.

Finally awakening from his dream, the person from the Skyrealm Sect saw the bizarre scene and retreated hastily, producing a talisman in his hand.

Han Li was still about eight or nine zhang away from him, giving him enough time to activate the talisman.

However, before he could use his spiritual power to activate the talisman, he was surprised to see Han Li rush towards him with a mysterious smile. Then, with a gentle wave of his hand towards him, it seemed like a casual greeting. At the same time, he felt a slight itch on his neck, as if he had been bitten by a mosquito.

Before the person from the Skyrealm Sect could understand the meaning behind Han Li's actions, he felt dizzy, and then everything went black as he lost consciousness.

"Brother Yan!"

Standing on the other side, the stubbled man widened his eyes in shock, witnessing everything clearly. He couldn't help but shout out.

He saw Han Li, who had rushed to a few zhang away from his good friend, casually wave his hand, causing his longtime companion's head to tilt and roll to the ground, decapitated. The headless body staggered backward before collapsing, spurting blood several feet high.

The stubbled man felt a chill run down his spine and a sense of dread.

The method used by the other party to kill his friend was too bizarre! How did he kill someone from a distance without using any spells? He had seen it clearly; the other party didn't use any spells at all.

"Kid, once I get out of here, I'll tear you apart!" Although beads of cold sweat dripped from his forehead and he felt a sense of impending doom, the stubbled man put on a fierce look to bolster his courage.

In reality, he had already decided that once he broke free from the Earth Prison Technique, he would flee immediately. Revenge could wait; self-preservation was more important!

The seemingly fierce stubbled man turned out to be a coward who bullied the weak and feared the strong, which was truly unexpected!

Han Li, of course, was unaware of the other party's thoughts. He saw that the stubbled man released another beast, similar to a pangolin, which, along with the green snake, fiercely attacked the yellow light shield. Han Li also summoned a pair of iron rod-like artifacts to assist the two beasts in smashing the shield, causing it to flicker erratically.

It seemed that the Earth Prison Technique wouldn't hold for much longer!

Realizing this, Han Li immediately took out the treasure talisman, the "Golden Brick," and held it in front of him, focusing his gaze on it intently, preparing to activate it. Han Li didn't trust any ordinary artifact; after all, the opponent was a 13th-level expert. He vividly remembered the difficulty of his battle with Senior Brother Lu, who was only at the 12th level at the time!

Although he had unexpectedly killed a 12th-level opponent with a sneak attack using invisible silk threads, it didn't mean that the prepared stubbled man would let him succeed so easily!

Seeing Han Li's strange actions of holding the treasure talisman, the stubbled man became nervous, urging his black iron rods even more urgently. However, the yellow light shield of the Earth Prison Technique was incredibly strong! Despite its deformation and dimness, it still maintained its integrity, almost driving the stubbled man to vomit blood!

At this moment, he suddenly felt a tremendous surge of spiritual energy rising from Han Li's side, causing him to pause and look up.

He saw Han Li's hand emitting a dazzling golden light as a rectangular object slowly rose and floated in midair. The surging spiritual energy came from this object!

"A treasure talisman!"

The stubbled man's face changed drastically as he shouted in fear. He had recognized the origin of the golden brick.

But what he didn't know was that Han Li, at this moment, was pale with terror. The floating object was desperately draining his spiritual power, relentlessly and continuously, as if it wouldn't stop until Han Li was drained dry.

Cursing the Wanbao Pavilion for selling him such a thing, Han Li was in agony as he watched a third of his spiritual power being drained. However, the treasure talisman finally stopped its frantic movements when Han Li's control was regained.

Without hesitation, Han Li pointed his hand, and the golden brick talisman shot out towards the stubbled man still trapped in the Earth Prison Technique, startling him to the point where his face turned pale, and his soul almost left his body.

The golden brick grew in size as it flew, quickly becoming as large as a house, surrounded by spiritual energy and radiating golden light, creating an astonishing sight. When it reached above the stubbled man's head, it descended like a small mountain, mercilessly crashing down.

"Bang!"

"Ah!"

After a loud noise and the stubbled man's scream, the entire ground shook violently.

Han Li was both surprised and pleased, his expression somewhat strange.

Had he really taken down a 13th-level expert like this? Han Li found it hard to believe.

Retrieving the treasure talisman, the golden brick returned to its original form and flew back into Han Li's hand. Where the golden brick had struck, a huge crater, several dozen zhang wide and over a zhang deep, appeared! The stubbled man and his spirit beasts had turned into a pile of mud, indistinguishable from each other.

He's really dead! Han Li was somewhat bewildered. It felt as if he had thrown a punch that hit nothing but air.

Was it because the stubbled man was so weak, or was the "Golden Brick" too powerful? Han Li couldn't judge for a moment. However, making such a loud noise here was not wise; it was time to leave!

After a moment of confusion, Han Li regained his senses. Destroying the two bodies, he took the unexpected loot of five or six storage pouches and left the area, walking out of the narrow passage.

Moving forward, there should be a large forest ahead, which was also a good place for ambushes and killings. There might be another fierce battle waiting ahead. Before going in, it was better to find a place to rest, recover the lost spiritual power, and be capable of self-defense.