Chapter 40: Origins of Secret Techniques

Those who complained did not know that the elder who created this sword technique had originally possessed profound martial arts skills, which were accidentally crippled during a confrontation in his prime years. He lost the ability to cultivate inner qi.

Out of fear of his declining status within the sect, this elder did not disclose the matter to others. Instead, he made a series of mysterious and profound moves, deceiving everyone in the sect, big and small.

However, he lacked the ability to protect himself from that point on. This was an unchangeable fact. Since then, he had been living quietly, relying on his extraordinary wit to evade detection by others.

During that period, it was the heyday of the Seven Mysteries Sect dominating the Mirror Province.

When the elder discovered that his strength could not be restored, he resorted to desperate measures. He secretly dispatched his subordinates to attack many obscure small sects, fearing his position within the sect would plummet.

From these sects, he seized many forbidden martial arts secrets, hoping to find a supreme martial art that could be practiced without using inner energy. However, after years of searching, he found many incredible secret techniques, but none suitable for himself.

He was greatly disappointed.

This elder was also a highly talented and intelligent individual. In his despair, he conceived the idea of using the numerous secret techniques at his disposal to create a unique martial art tailored to himself.

This idea excited him greatly. The opportunity to create a unique martial art was the lifelong dream of every martial artist. From then on, he became completely engrossed in this endeavor, dedicating himself to researching and experimenting with various ideas. In the end, to avoid worldly distractions, he even entered seclusion, paying no attention to the sect's internal conflicts.

Creating a martial art was a very difficult task, especially considering the limitations he faced. The martial art he sought to create had to be practiced without requiring inner energy and had to incorporate numerous secret techniques, becoming a profound and supreme martial art.

The arduous process of creating this unprecedented martial art far exceeded his imagination. However, he was a person of great perseverance. After nearly half a lifetime of painstaking effort and decades of research and experimentation, this Blinking Sword Manual finally emerged.

The elder was ecstatic. Just as he was about to joyfully inform others within the sect, he unexpectedly discovered that the Seven Mysteries Sect had completely declined. The entire sect was besieged by numerous factions, large and small, and faced the imminent danger of annihilation.

This elderly man, both shocked and enraged, seized the opportunity to demonstrate his newly mastered mysterious sword technique. He slew many powerful enemies in succession, intimidating the remaining experts and managing to lead the Seven Mysteries Sect out of the encirclement, accomplishing a monumental feat for the sect's survival.

Unfortunately, his time was running out. Just as he had escaped danger, his life was nearing its end. He left behind instructions to place the manual he had painstakingly created into the Seven Extremities Pavilion before passing away.

What is even more regrettable is that in the years that followed, until the arrival of Han Li, none of the disciples attempted to cultivate this technique. Thus, this precious gem remained buried and forgotten, unseen by the light of day.

Han Li was completely unaware of these past events. Even if he knew, he wouldn't be interested. For him, this sword technique might help him survive under Doctor Mo's hands, and that's all that mattered. As for its origins? Who created it? Han Li had no interest whatsoever. He was a practical man and wouldn't bother with anything that didn't benefit him.

In his room, Han Li lit an oil lamp and leaned over the wooden table, engrossed in flipping through one secret manual after another.

He had no intention of copying the manuals. Instead, he planned to memorize them all with his extraordinary memory, ensuring their safety and eliminating the risk of exposure.

After all, he remained highly vigilant towards Doctor Mo. He wouldn't be foolish enough to think that the other party wasn't monitoring him. If there were so many copied manuals in the room, wouldn't it expose everything, making Doctor Mo wary in advance?

As the orange flame of the lamp burst out with a small spark, Han Li was reminded that a considerable amount of time had passed and he should rest. However, Han Li paid no attention. He was completely immersed in the world of secret manuals, each bizarre technique captivating his entire being.

As the lamp flickered, casting shadows of varying sizes on the wall, Han Li remained seated, unmoving. This contrast of movement and stillness created an eerie yet harmonious atmosphere.

Time passed by, and as each moment ticked away, the shadow behind Han Li gradually blurred, then faded into nothingness. Outside, the sky had already brightened.

Unconsciously, Han Li had been engrossed in reading throughout the night.

With a "pop," the final large spark from the lamp burst, and the oil lamp went out completely, finally waking Han Li from his book-induced trance.

He looked up at the lamp, then glanced at the bright light outside the window, feeling a bitter smile in his heart.

He never expected that one day he would become so obsessed with studying techniques for killing people. He was indeed different from his past self.

After pondering for a while, Han Li stood up, stretched his neck, moved his limbs, making all his joints emit a "crackling" sound. Then he turned around, pushed the door open, and walked out of the room. He fetched a basin of cold water from the nearby well, washed his face thoroughly, refreshing himself, and then used the Long Spring Technique to circulate through his body, eliminating all traces of fatigue from the night.

After spending the whole night reading and studying, Han Li already knew that to fully integrate and comprehend this set of martial arts, it would take at least ten or eight years of diligent practice. Even with his extraordinary talent in this area, it would still require two or three years to achieve some proficiency.

But time waits for no one!