Chapter 74 Wind Control Technique

Han Li looked at Li Feiyu's somewhat domineering face, solemnly silent, unsure of what to say.
Suddenly, Li Feiyu's momentum abruptly receded, returning to his playful demeanor. He winked at Han Li and exclaimed, "How about that? Wasn't my momentum imposing enough? Like a true hero, making you admire me wholeheartedly, immediately pledging your loyalty."
Han Li was left somewhat speechless by these words. He was initially moved by what Li Feiyu said earlier, but then Li Feiyu's subsequent remarks brought him back to reality.
Han Li stared at him fiercely for a moment, gritting his teeth, "A hero? I think you look more like a bear!"
Li Feiyu just laughed heartily, seeming very pleased with himself for momentarily impressing Han Li.
Gradually, Han Li regained his composure. Amidst Li Feiyu's laughter, he suddenly spoke calmly, "I've already reminded you before, and you know your situation very well. So, let me ask you again, if you were to dissipate your cultivation, I could extend your life by many years. Wouldn't you reconsider, so you could live with Miss Zhang for a long time?"
Li Feiyu's laughter stopped abruptly as his face darkened. He stared intensely at Han Li, but didn't reply.
Han Li maintained a calm expression, meeting his gaze with clear eyes.
After a cup of tea's time passed, Li Feiyu withdrew the intensity from his gaze, and his expression softened slightly.
"Han Li, you know I will never consider voluntarily dissipating my cultivation. I know you mean well, but please don't bring it up again, okay?" He forced a smile, his tone somewhat pleading.
"And besides, do you think if I become a powerless nobody, Miss Zhang would still look at me? " There was a hint of self-deprecation in Li Feiyu's words.
Han Li fell silent, turning his head to look in the direction Li Feiyu had come from. After a moment of silence, he spoke in a deep voice, "Since you've made up your mind, I won't persuade you anymore. You should go back now. I hope you and Miss Zhang can truly make it work."
Upon hearing Han Li's words, Li Feiyu's face immediately lit up with a smile. He vigorously patted Han Li's shoulder a few times.
"Good brother, I love hearing those words. They're the happiest words I've heard today. Well, I'll take my leave now."
With that, he leaped up, and after a few ups and downs, disappeared at the end of the path, leaving no trace.
"Ouch! That hurts!" Han Li suddenly clutched his shoulder. Li Feiyu's slaps just now were unexpectedly infused with inner strength, causing his shoulder to swell up high, making it as tender as a steamed bun, and he couldn't touch it.
"That brat, to retaliate against me for exposing his weakness, he actually used this method to get back at me." Han Li muttered to himself, while frantically searching his robes for healing medicine, and applying it to his shoulder.
"Hmph! I had a moment of kindness, and ended up in this state. I'm really not cut out for doing good deeds! I better go back and comprehend spells. As for this sneak attack, I'll get it back next time we meet." Han Li thought begrudgingly.
...
...
After that, a long time passed, and Han Li was already eighteen years old.
During this period, under the constant encroachment of the Wild Wolf Gang, the Seven Profound Sect finally declared war on them.
As a result, numerous conflicts erupted at the border between the two forces, claiming the lives of many companions who had entered the mountains with Han Li. This left Han Li deeply sighing.
The bell outside the valley rang more frequently due to the increasing number of casualties, allowing Han Li to practice many advanced healing techniques, greatly improving his medical skills.
However, despite Han Li's miraculous healing, many middle and high-ranking members fell. They either died on the battlefield or succumbed to their injuries halfway through, without even getting a chance for Han Li to treat them.
But because of this, many young talents emerged on both sides, taking up the high positions left by the fallen. For example, the Five Fiends, Three Hawks, and Two Panthers of the Wild Wolf Gang, and the Seven Heroes of the Seven Profound Sect, among whom Li Feiyu was one of the heroes. He had risen to the position of Vice Hall Master of the Outer Blade Hall after personally killing a Purple-clothed Commander of the enemy, which could be considered a high-ranking position. Furthermore, his relationship with Miss Zhang was also rapidly developing, to the point where they were discussing marriage.
Upon learning of this, Han Li could only sigh softly. He didn't know whether Li Feiyu's actions were right or wrong. After all, he was not Li Feiyu, and couldn't experience the situation firsthand, so he couldn't judge right from wrong.
However, if it were him, he couldn't watch his beloved be taken by someone else. Han Li admitted he wouldn't be able to do it. But knowing that he was about to die and still choosing to marry her, it seemed he didn't have the courage either.
Therefore, Han Li could only turn a blind eye. After all, there were different levels of intimacy between people, and Li Feiyu was his good friend, so naturally he had to be slightly biased towards him. Han Li felt perfectly justified in this.
Furthermore, another extremely important event happened recently, which occupied most of his attention and prevented him from being distracted by Li Feiyu's affairs.
After countless failures, Han Li finally learned how to use the "Wind Control Technique."
Like the "Heavenly Eye Technique," the "Wind Control Technique" was also an auxiliary spell that could only be used by the caster on themselves and not on others. However, its practical utility far surpassed that of the "Heavenly Eye Technique."
After using the "Wind Control Technique," Han Li felt as light as a swallow. With a light tap of his toes, he could easily leap several meters away effortlessly. The exhilarating feeling of sprinting at high speed on land and leaving everything behind made Han Li feel addicted. He would run around the valley five or six times a day before finally stopping, indulging himself like a skilled martial artist.
Of course, this acceleration effect was different from the "Flickering Smoke Steps." The "Flickering Smoke Steps" focused on seizing opportunities and turning impossibilities into possibilities. It achieved acceleration by consuming a large amount of physical energy in a short distance, and was most miraculous when used in narrow spaces.
On the other hand, the "Wind Control Technique" was different. After casting it, aside from continuously consuming a small amount of mana, there was no physical burden at all, allowing for unrestricted sprinting without any risk of physical exhaustion. And this acceleration effect would continue until the mana was depleted or the spell was stopped. Therefore, it was commonly used by low-level cultivators for long-distance travel or rushing on the road, making it one of the essential spells for low-level cultivators going out.