Chapter 76 Negotiation and Fire Start

After several negotiations between the Seven Profound Sect and the Wild Wolf Gang, a border area called "Falling Sand Slope" was mutually recognized by both sides as the negotiation location.

As for the personnel participating in the negotiation, the Wild Wolf Gang strongly insisted that it must be attended by a leader from both sides to demonstrate mutual sincerity. Otherwise, there was simply no need for this negotiation.

This condition didn't cause much commotion on the Seven Profound Sect's side when it was proposed because it was a normal negotiating condition.

Of course, the real top leader would never put themselves in danger. At most, the Seven Profound Sect would send a deputy sect leader, and the other side would also send a corresponding deputy gang leader to uphold appearances. So, this condition wasn't a problem.

Thus, both sides agreed on the specific date of the negotiation, and on that day, both sides would send a team of over a hundred people to participate in the meeting.

To prevent any ambushes during the negotiation, the Seven Profound Sect made meticulous arrangements for the personnel and backup involved in the negotiation.

Not only was the negotiation team led by the sect's second-in-command, Vice Master Wu, but all of the nearly one hundred members of the team were top-notch experts within the sect. Most of these individuals were core members such as protectors and consecrators, with several elders and hall masters accompanying them, making for a luxurious lineup.

With such a team of experts, even if the entire elite force of the Wild Wolf Gang were to come out, it would surely not stop their progress. The Seven Profound Sect was confident in this arrangement.

In this way, in case of any danger, the negotiators could rely on their strong martial arts skills to quickly break through and return to their territory. There, several teams of elite disciples from the Blood Blade Hall would be responsible for receiving them, ensuring their safe retreat.

Li Feiyu also volunteered to participate. For someone with a short life expectancy like him, the more dangerous the place, the more eager he was to go.

So, the team, which almost accounted for nearly half of the Seven Profound Sect's experts, finally set off from the mountain a few days before the negotiation. This round trip would take at least half a month, making it a truly long period of time!

Han Li didn't pay much attention to this. For him, whether the negotiation succeeded or failed didn't matter. Because he was about to leave this place and venture into the outside world, the rise and fall of the Seven Profound Sect had little relevance to him!

As long as it didn't involve him personally, he was too lazy to bother with these matters.

So, during the few days before the negotiation team left, he calmly cultivated the medicinal herbs he needed and began collecting seeds of precious medicinal plants for later use.

Han Li had already decided that when the negotiation team returned, he would formally bid farewell to the several sect masters. If the high-ranking officials didn't know what's good for them and refused to let him go, he didn't mind revealing his true strength in front of them, putting an end to any further thoughts they might have.

In fact, quietly slipping away without being noticed was the easiest way. But Han Li was worried that if they couldn't find him, they might cause trouble for his family. So, it was necessary to bid farewell to the high-ranking officials openly and intimidate them with his strength, ensuring his safe departure.

As for the excuse for leaving, Han Li had already thought about it. He would say he missed Master Mo and wanted to find another master. Whether the other party believed it or not was of no concern to Han Li. With absolute strength as a backing, would he still fear that the other party had other intentions?

Whenever Han Li thought of this, a cold smile would appear at the corner of his mouth. At this moment, if he wanted to take the lives of several sect masters, it would be as simple as turning over his hand.

Of course, he only thought about it and wouldn't actually do it.

But what Han Li never expected was that on the fourth night after the negotiation team left, a ragged, dusty figure suddenly burst into his room. With bloodshot eyes and cracked lips, he hoarsely said one sentence to him:

"The negotiation team is finished. Vice Master Wu is dead, and so are the protectors, consecrators, and several elders. Almost all of them are dead."

Han Li was stunned upon hearing this, before he could even ask, a shrill whistle suddenly sounded from somewhere on the mountain.

"Bang..."

Immediately followed by a muffled sound of a gong.

"Dang, dang..."

"Ding, ding..."

"Bang, bang..."

Various warning sounds sounded simultaneously, followed by countless shouts and screams echoing throughout the mountain, interspersed with the clashing of weapons. It seemed that in this instant, the entire Caihua Mountain turned into a massive battlefield.

Han Li's expression changed, and he didn't have time to listen to the person in front of him continue speaking. With a flicker, he was already outside the house. He glanced around and found the tallest building. With a slight stomp, he was already on the rooftop, looking out towards the valley.

His expression was not good, appearing somewhat gloomy. Because not far away, flames were soaring into the sky, figures were swarming, and flashes of blades and swords were constantly flickering. Everywhere was filled with the chaotic sounds of battle, alarms, and angry shouts merging into a chaotic cacophony.

He heard the sound of wind behind him and asked without turning his head, "Li Feiyu, is it the Wild Wolf Gang?"

"Yes, I didn't expect their plan to be so meticulous. They almost wiped out our negotiation team and immediately followed us, the survivors, to attack the mountain." The person reporting the news was none other than Li Feiyu, who had left four days ago. At this moment, his voice was filled with anger and unwillingness.