Chapter 59 Three Iron Laws

Mo Dafu didn't have much joy for a few days. The terrifying effects of the Yin Soul Curse soon manifested. He aged rapidly, almost at a rate of one year per day.

He was terrified and tried every method to control the strange phenomenon happening to his body, but with little success.

If this continued, he would naturally perish like a normal elderly person, exhausted and dead. Fortunately, at this time, Yu Zitong's ethereal spirit was in an even worse condition.

It turned out that after Yu Zitong entered Mo Dafu's body, over time, there was a phenomenon of being assimilated by the other party's ethereal spirit.

"Assimilation" is a passive act of possession, where an external ethereal spirit that has lingered in someone else's body for a long time is subtly influenced by the host's unconsciousness, mutually affecting each other. However, in the end, only one consciousness can survive.

Seeing this, Yu Zitong had no choice but to consider actively taking over the possession.

His reluctance was not due to any benevolent intentions but out of fear of the three iron laws of possession in the cultivation world:

Firstly, cultivators must not attempt to possess ordinary people; otherwise, the possessed body will collapse due to the inability to withstand the possession.

Secondly, only someone with higher cultivation can possess someone with lower cultivation successfully without suffering a backlash. The greater the gap in cultivation level, the safer the possession.

Thirdly, a cultivator can only attempt possession once in their lifetime. Upon attempting a second time, their ethereal spirit will inexplicably perish.

These three iron laws, which countless attempts have failed to break, have restrained many evildoers who sought to cause chaos using possession and those who attempted to escape disaster through this method. It seems that the heavens warn against such rebellious behavior, preventing cultivators from using this method to destabilize the world irreversibly.

Therefore, if Mo Dafu were a cultivator, Yu Zitong would not fear. He could engage in a struggle with Mo Dafu and vie for possession of his body. However, Mo Dafu was just an ordinary person with no trace of cultivation, making it impossible for him to endure possession. Fear of Yu Zitong. As for finding another body to hide in, it would not avoid the fate of assimilation again, facing the embarrassment of another predicament, and even worse. Without a body to cultivate, his ethereal spirit would lose energy every time it left his body. So, how long he could sustain himself was unknown.

Therefore, Yu Zitong would not venture out again unless he found a cultivator with low cultivation and the ability to endure possession; otherwise, he would not risk it.

During this process, Yu Zitong once suggested that Mo Dafu seek help from his family's retreat, but the experienced Mo Dafu would never hand him such a weapon. He flatly refused, leaving Yu Zitong itching with hatred in the days to come.

As for what happened later, there is nothing more to say. Mo Dafu, unable to find a suitable candidate in the previous years, despondently entered the Seven Profound Sect and then unexpectedly accepted Han Li as his disciple, teaching him the Longevity Arts, and so on, which was not much different from what Mo Dafu said, even Han Li himself went through some experiences.

After listening to these words, Han Li took a long breath, and most of his doubts were unraveled.

But when he saw Yu Zitong stop and no longer continue, his face sank, and he said coldly, "It seems you haven't told me the reason for Mo Dafu's death!"

"There's nothing much to explain. It was just that Mo Dafu underestimated your progress in the Longevity Arts. His cultivation was far inferior to yours, so the possession failed, and he was consumed by you," Yu Zitong hesitated before revealing the truth.

"In that case, the yellow light ball that entered my body first was Mo Dafu's ethereal spirit, and the second green one was yours," Han Li said indifferently.

"Well...about that, at the time, I thought...didn't you and Mo Dafu perish together? To avoid wasting this body, I thought to make use of it," Yu Zitong replied somewhat awkwardly.

"Hmph! It's probably not just a thought but a deliberate design on your part."

"Yu Zitong, when you taught Mo Dafu the possession technique, you probably didn't have any good intentions. You deliberately didn't mention the success or failure, which is related to the depth of cultivation."

"With your original design, Mo Dafu, using his self-destructive Soul Devouring Technique and my fourth layer Longevity Arts, would have similar levels of cultivation and would mutually destroy each other upon possession. Then it would be convenient for you, the third party, to take advantage of it and successfully take over my body. Am I right, my esteemed cultivator Yu?" Han Li calmly stated his judgment.

After listening, Yu Zitong was silent for a moment, and after a long time, he sighed, somewhat dejected and not bothering to refute.

"I praised you before, just casually. But now, I genuinely commend you. You are truly clever, surpassing even Mo Juren's cunning."

"You guessed it right. All of this was indeed my design. But I didn't expect your cultivation aptitude to be so exceptional. In a short time, you reached the sixth layer of Longevity Arts, just one layer below me. Not only did you easily devour Mo Dafu's ethereal spirit, but even my ethereal spirit, an injured cultivator, was no match for you. Instead, I lost a significant amount of spiritual energy," he said, his tone suddenly becoming proud.

"Mo Juren is just an ordinary person, yet he dares to aspire to equality with us cultivators, calling us brothers. Does he even qualify?"

"What's even more intolerable is that he used despicable means to destroy my dharma body and still wants to step into the path of immortality. He's daydreaming!" Yu Zitong clenched his teeth, revealing his long-held hatred for Mo Dafu, which he now expressed without reservation.

"But you're different. You have innate spiritual roots and outstanding talent. It's a shame to see you waste it in the mortal world. If you're willing to help me find a suitable body and assist in possession, I'm willing to be your guide, introduce you to the elders of my family, and take you as my disciple. What do you think?"