Chapter 39: Abnormal Conditions

The voice of the other spy was unfamiliar to Han Li, and he was certain he had never seen this person before. However, judging from the voice, the person seemed young, probably in their twenties.

Unfortunately, Han Li didn't dare to sneak a glance for safety's sake, fearing that these two individuals might have highly refined skills and could sense his gaze, which would expose his presence nearby.

After experiencing this incident, the journey afterward was very calm.

Han Li finally returned to his residence long after dinner time had passed.

As usual, Doctor Mo showed no interest in Han Li's mysterious return. Apart from occasionally sending some prepared medicines, he completely allowed Han Li to do as he pleased.

If it weren't for the fact that the medicines sent by Doctor Mo were made from precious herbs collected last time he descended the mountain, Han Li might have thought that Doctor Mo had given up hope for him and was preparing some sinister plan.

Currently, Han Li didn't value the so-called precious medicines sent by Doctor Mo at all. However, to avoid arousing suspicion, he still reluctantly took them.

He wasn't afraid that the medicines sent might be poisoned. If the other party harmed him now, it would only harm themselves as well.

Regarding the Wolf Gang spies encountered on the way back, Han Li had already thought of a good way to deal with them.

Although he didn't have deep feelings for Seven Profound Sect, he was still considered a half-disciple of the inner sect. It wouldn't be appropriate for him to ignore any harm done to Seven Profound Sect that occurred right under his nose.

Moreover, he had already found the best candidate to handle this matter for him—Senior Li Feiyu.

From Han Li's observations, perhaps due to taking the "Bone Marrow Pill," Li Feiyu's desire for fame and fortune was much stronger than ordinary people. He harbored considerable ambitions, always dreaming of entering the higher echelons of Seven Profound Sect and becoming more prominent.

Han Li speculated that Li Feiyu probably wanted to make himself more crazy and dazzling in the remaining time.

Now, Han Li was personally handing him such a great achievement, which would undoubtedly make him ecstatic. This could also be considered repaying him for helping him obtain the Blinking Sword Manual.

Whenever he thought of the Blinking Sword Manual, Han Li couldn't help but feel excited.

Regarding the Blinking Sword Manual, he hadn't lied to his friend. It was indeed unsuitable for his friend to practice, but Han Li hadn't disclosed many details about it.

For him, keeping some small secrets in front of anyone was his survival rule, even if the person appeared to be intimate with him.

However, the contents recorded in these manuals were truly different from ordinary martial arts.

In Han Li's view, rather than calling it swordsmanship, it was more appropriate to call it sword techniques. It was a comprehensive assassination technique that incorporated various factors such as timing, location, and human factors. It was a rare pure killing technique where a single strike could be fatal.

These books described various techniques for using his practiced mysterious sword skills to take advantage of visual errors caused by the terrain and various light angles, seizing the opponent's weaknesses in an instant, and killing the opponent in a flash.

It was a very skillful secret technique that couldn't be comprehended without a bit of talent. Therefore, the person practicing this technique must have extraordinary senses, far superior to ordinary people, in order to have any hope of success.

Even if one met the above conditions, there was still one last difficult hurdle to overcome, completely dispelling any thoughts of continuing to struggle.

That was the extremely strict condition that the practitioner of this sword technique could not possess refined inner energy. Otherwise, due to the contradiction between the use of inner energy and the technique's force techniques, the practice would be extremely difficult.

Even if one successfully passed this test by chance, in actual combat, because the true energy in the body was too vigorous, the sword moves would unconsciously deform, leaving significant vulnerabilities for the opponent to exploit, thus inviting disaster.

Such a condition essentially cut off the attempts of many disciples to practice this technique. One must know that in the martial world, there had always been the saying "If you practice boxing without cultivating inner energy, it will all come to naught in the end."

For them, not practicing inner energy was a great taboo. For the sake of this obscure and inexplicable sword technique, giving up their own cultivation of true energy would become the laughingstock of the martial world.

As a result, only a few people remained with the intention of continuing to practice.

However, even for these people, no matter how talented they were and if there were no problems with their true energy, there was still one final hurdle that completely dispelled their thoughts of persisting.

That was the excessively complex moves and the extremely meticulous application conditions of this sword technique.

Just looking at the thick stack of scrolls in the package would make an ordinary person feel overwhelmed.

Basically, each manual represented a sword move, and each sword move would be divided into hundreds of sub-sword moves. Each sub-move would also pay attention to different techniques when displayed in different environments and under different timing conditions.

With such a large number of sword techniques, let alone practicing, just reading them would give people a headache, not to mention having to remember them all and comprehend them on their own.

The abnormal practice conditions mentioned above had hindered how many disciples attempted to learn this sword technique, causing them to secretly curse the elder who created this unique skill.

As time passed, both upper and lower members of Seven Profound Sect gradually lost interest in this sword technique, thinking that it was impossible for anyone to master this martial art. They believed that this martial art was probably concocted by the elder before his death, or else why would there be such ridiculous practice conditions? This was clearly making it difficult for the disciples who didn't understand its details. Consequently, these manuals were shelved, and no one paid attention to them anymore.