Chapter 79 Interrogation

The giant man walked out of the woods as if he were holding a little chicken, with a blue-clothed man dangling from his hand. His body was stained with quite a bit of blood, and the sporadic bloodstains looked as bright and eye-catching as peach blossoms against his green robe.

Li Feiyu gasped.

The giant man took a few steps forward and tossed the blue-clothed man to the ground in front of them. Immediately, a pungent smell of blood filled the air, making Li Feiyu's face pale. Unconsciously, he took half a step back, adopting a defensive posture.

Ignoring Li Feiyu's cautious move, the giant man took another step forward and returned to stand silently behind Han Li, as if he had never left.

Only then did Li Feiyu breathe a sigh of relief, retracting his defensive stance. He looked at the blue-clothed man on the ground, then at Han Li, who remained composed throughout the ordeal, and suddenly chuckled.

"I wondered why you were so calm and collected! Turns out you had such a powerful ally by your side! Why didn't you tell me earlier? You had me on edge for nothing," Li Feiyu said casually on the surface, but inwardly, he began to speculate about the relationship between Han Li and the giant man.

Han Li could see through Li Feiyu's thoughts but had no intention of explaining. He wore a smile that seemed both genuine and inscrutable, and leisurely said, "This blue-clothed officer likely knows a lot of information. Which one of us should interrogate him? I think you, as the Master Li, would be more proficient in this. I'll leave it to you."

Li Feiyu, sensing Han Li's attempt to change the subject and the lack of introduction of the giant man to him, felt somewhat dissatisfied. However, he was also very interested in interrogating the officer, so he readily agreed.

Picking up the unconscious blue-clothed man, Li Feiyu swiftly disappeared into the woods, beginning his interrogation. Meanwhile, Han Li sat down on the grass, taking it easy.

Before long, Li Feiyu emerged from the woods with a gloomy expression.

"Why so soon? Did you get any useful information?" Han Li didn't stand up but raised an eyebrow, asking directly.

"Hmph! The guy is a cowardly rat. I barely touched him, and he spilled everything. There are two pieces of news, one good and one bad. Which one do you want to hear first?" Li Feiyu said with annoyance.

"Let's start with the good news. It might lighten the mood a bit," Han Li replied indifferently.

"The good news is that your guess about the Wolf Gang's plan was spot on. They've indeed trapped the other mountain peaks and focused all their forces on attacking the Sunset Peak. They've reportedly captured several checkpoints already," Li Feiyu said nonchalantly, seeming unconcerned about the safety of the higher-ups.

"Since the good news is like that, I can already imagine how bad the bad news is," Han Li mused, scratching his nose.

"You're right. The bad news is that besides the Wolf Gang, there are also several other small and medium-sized gangs attacking the mountain. It seems our sect is really in deep trouble," Li Feiyu said, surprising even Han Li with the unexpected information.

Ignoring the news for a moment, Han Li immediately made a judgment. "Forget about the number of attackers. It's more important to ensure the safety of your lover and your subordinates. Since chaos reigns outside, let's leave quickly!"

Li Feiyu nodded in agreement, relieved that Han Li had proposed a plan that matched his wishes.

"What about that guy? How did you deal with him?" Han Li suddenly asked.

"I silenced him. Can't take him with us, can I?" Li Feiyu said indifferently.

Han Li chuckled upon hearing this, propping himself up with one hand and floating up from the grass.

"Let's go! Try to avoid the enemy as much as possible. If we can't avoid them, just kill anyone who discovers us. No need to show mercy; otherwise, their numbers will only increase," Han Li said casually, but his words carried a hint of murderous intent.

Several miles away from the Valley of the Divine Hand, in Elder Li's courtyard, was packed with people. Among them were men and women, young and old, all murmuring anxiously. The contrast between them and the twenty or so young men in black guarding the vicinity made them stand out even more.

In the living room of the house, two people were arguing.

"I disagree with sending people outside. Our defenses here are already weak. Sending more people out will only make us more vulnerable. Absolutely not!" A middle-aged, pot-bellied man sprayed saliva as he vehemently opposed something.

"But we don't know what's happening outside. Sending someone to investigate is better than being completely in the dark. It's too passive," argued Ma Rong, Elder Li's favored disciple.

"Whether it's happening outside has nothing to do with me. Our safety here is the most important. Dare you defy orders?" The pot-bellied man blinked his small eyes, suddenly pulling out a golden waist plate from his chest and waving it in front of Ma Rong, his face full of arrogance.

Ma Rong looked at the man in front of him and then at the waist plate, sighed, and bowed respectfully. "I dare not. I strictly follow orders."