Chapter 10

Clytia had been back in town for a week now. The week-end at Nolam'parents' house went relatively well. She had to recognize that the family was nice. It would have been great to have them as friends. However, it couldn't happen. She had met with a lawyer the day after she got back and he was supposed to send her the papers once they were ready.

It was true that she had let herself go a little over the week end. Nolam was surprisingly easy to be around. He was funny, smart, goofy and really touchy. Whenever he was around, he would steal a kiss, hold her hand, and put his on her back or her knee. Despite his hard muscles, he felt comfortable. He hadn't tried to have sex with her. At night, he would only take her in his arms and keep her close to him. However, they never talked about the reason of her presence. Almost like he thought she'd agreed with staying with him. She decided then to keep her mouth shut. She hadn't change her mind. She had thought it through.

Nolam had tried to join her, messages, phone calls, voice notes. She had simply ignored him.

She was about to go to bed when she heard a knock at her door.

"Who's here?"

"Your husband!" answered the low voice of Nolam.

Nolam was on the couch, a duffel bag at his feet. When Clytia had opened the door, he let himself in without a word and went directly in the living room.

"Come and have a seat, will you!" he said tapping the place beside him. She ignored him and went to sit across him, a scowl on her face. He could see the soft satin with ruffle trim short she had under her robe.

"Why are you here?"

"Well. After the week end, I thought we had come to an agreement. How surprised was I to realize that not only you were blocking me, but you took a lawyer against me!"

"What agreement are you talking about? We didn't talked during the week end. The only thing we agreed on was that after the week end I would be able to start the cancelation process. I did respect my word. I don't see what surprise you?"

He looked at her without a word, then got up carrying his bag.

"Where is your room?" he asked then walking through it.

"Hey!" she said running after him. She caught his arm just as he got into her bedroom. "What are you doing?"

"I need to sleep. I came here directly from the airport. And from what you're wearing, I'm guessing you were about to go to bed too, right?"

"I was, indeed. But you! You're leaving my apartment now. I'm not in a mood for your games."

"Great, I'm not playing. You're my wife Clytia, whether you like it. And I intent to enjoy the married life with all its perks with you! I wanted to take things slowly but you're not giving me much choice. Now, if you'll excuse me, bathroom's this way?" He asked pointing a door with his finger.

"Nolam!" she warned him, her eyes narrowed.

He simply turned his back and went through the door.

I can't believe it! Who does he think he is? This is my house. He can't force me into this wedding. I have the right to say no! Damn it. She thought.

She was sitting on the bed when he got out of the bathroom, all dressed up in his pajamas. He walked over to the bed and laid down, dragging the cover over himself.

"You can't be serious Nolam!" she exclaimed out loud. "Get out!"

"Nolam!"

"Shhh! I'm tired" was all he answered.

"You're really going to stay here?!"

He just stayed silent. She then picked a pillow, a cover and went to the living room.

Clytia woke up pissed off. The idiot who call himself her husband actually spent the whole night in her bed, hence she had to sleep on her couch. She got up and dragged her mood to the bedroom. Surprise! Nolam was nowhere to be seen. His bag was still on a chair though. She looked around the apartment for him but he wasn't here. She then went to shower and got ready for work. She was about to leave when the front door opened: Nolam! He was in gym attire, a cap on his head.

How many caps can one man have?!

"Hey honey! You had a good night?" he asked coming her way.

She curved him and went on the other side of the room.

"Why are you still here?" she asked. "You know what! Don't mind answering. Just make sure to be gone by the time I come back tonight. It's Friday and I don't want to deal with your crazy ass shit." 

And with that she left the place.