Chapter 72

It was Friday afternoon and Clytia was on her way home. She had asked for half day leave at work. Few days ago, her mother-in-law wanted to go on a shopping spree with her. She couldn't understand why the woman wouldn't go by herself or with one of her friends. She had insisted on having Clytia with her.

Clytia parked her car in front of her house, besides Janice's car. She had moved back into their house a few weeks ago, after the end of the renovation. The house felt empty without Nolam. She decided to call him before getting out of her car. She missed his voice. She hadn't been able to talk with him for the last two days, if not by sparse messages. She knew he was busy, but this was so unlike him. He would always make sure to call her at least once a day. Unfortunately, his phone kept ringing without him answering.

Something's wrong. Is he avoiding me? Is he okay? Why the hell isn't he answering or calling back?

She sighed, her forehead laying on the steering wheel. She really missed Nolam. She finally got out of the car. As usual, Benji greeted her as soon as she stepped a foot inside. He was jumping up and down, his tail wagging furiously. "Hi buddy! How are you doing?" She knelt down and started playing with him by the door, scratching his head and rubbing his stomach. That dog would always make her happy. "What did you do today?! Running around the house? Sleeping? Aww! Good boy! Yes, you! You!"

"Hi. What about me? Did you miss me?"

Clytia's head snapped up to the voice. Nolam was standing there, a huge smile on his lips. She didn't miss a second and ran into his arms and he swung her around laughing. He put her down, grabbed her face with his hands and tilted her head back. "Missed you so much!" He whispered against her lips before kissing her with passion.

"Missed you too." She replied once he broke the kiss, her smile mirroring his. "You should have told me that you were coming back today! I would have been back home earlier! I would have picked you up."

"Wanted to surprise you. That's why I couldn't call you or pick up your calls. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You had a good reason." She replied, getting on her tiptoes to kiss me. "Did you ask your mother to pretend she wanted me with her just so you could surprise me?"

"Guilty!"

She laughed. "Well, maybe we could go upstairs and have some fun!?" She suggested with her voice thicker and a little lower, her hands caressing his chest.

Nolam groaned and released her face. "I wish we could. I really do. But it will have to wait for later. There is something I want to show you!"

He grabbed her hand and walked toward the living room. Clytia stopped dead when they arrived there. "Maman? Papa?" Both her parents and her brother were sitting with her in-laws. She looked at them, confused. Then ran to her mother and crashed her into her embrace.

(Clytia talks to her parents in French. However, I will write everything in English. Sorry! Oh and let's not forget that Nolam speaks fluent french.)

"Good God! I am so happy to have you here!" She told them.

"It's good to see you too." Her mom replied, with a kiss on the cheek and released her.

Clytia went to her father. "Hi dad."

He took her into his arms. "Happy to see that you're doing good Cly." Her father was smiling gently.

"I don't get a hug?" She heard her brother Carl say.

"Oh fuck off Carl!" She replied laughing.

"Mom! She just cursed!" Carl whined. Clytia shook her head. It was only then that she realized that Carl had the same sense of humor as Chris.