Chapter 11

Clytia came back home at 6.30 pm. No Nolam. His bag had disappeared. Finally! He had FINALLY understood. This had to be celebrated. She made herself a bubble bath with a bottle of wine. She had set the mood with jazz music in the background, scented candle lights. She was chilling. Eyes closed, head laid back.

"May I join?"

It was Nolam. His sudden appearance startled her a little. She automatically covered her boobs with her hands.

"Oh my goodness! Nolam! How the hell did you get here?"

He was standing against the door, a cocky smile on his lips.

"I used the spare key you left in your socks drawer."

"What?!" she asked surprised. "Why? No! Get the hell out!"

"Nothing I haven't seen before honey. I'll be waiting for you in the living room. Don't be long." He finished leaving her by herself.

"I can't believe it" she said under her breath when he left.

Nolam was delighted. He knew it wouldn't be easy to win her out. He needed to take her out of her comfort zone. They just needed to have a real talk. But first, make her relaxed. She came out few minutes later, clearly not happy. She stopped dead when she saw all the food on the table.

"Hungry?" he asked with a smile. "I went to Jycez Restaurant."

"It's far. Literary on the other side of town. Like forty minutes from here!" She said all surprised.

"Well more like one hour and half with the traffic. But totally worth it. Only the best for my girl."

She raised her eyebrow and sat on the armchair, eyeing the food. It smelled and looked delicious. Jycez was one of the best and most exclusive restaurant in town.

"Good ahead!" he invited her.

"Thank you!" she said with a little voice.

They started eating in silence. The food was so good. She surprised herself moaning over the dessert.

"It's good, isn't it?"

"Yes! So good. Thank you."

"You're more than welcome honey. Told you only the best for my lady."

She sighed. "Can we not go there? Not yet, please. Let just enjoy the last bits of our food before all hell breaks loose."

"Fine!" he said putting the food down on the table and going over her doing the same with hers.

"Hey!!"

"Why do you hate me?" he asked dragging her on the couch with him and keeping her hands in his.

She removed them and sighed.

"I don't hate you. I am just being realist Nolam."

"Please explain. I really want to understand."

"It's pretty simple. We know nothing about each other. How do you expect to make us work?"

"By getting to know each other!" he answered. "Look I understand that the whole situation can be scary. But why not try to make the best out of it. Just try to picture us together."

"Fine, let's just say I'm willing to try. Then what Nolam? You live in Los Angeles. This is some serious long distance relationship."

"Actually, I live between LA and Boston. But I'm willing to relocate here to be with you. It doesn't matter where I live as long as I can travel for work."

"This is insane."

"It's not. I told you I was willing to do my best for you. We might have to look for another place but other than that it's all good."

"What's wrong with my place?" she asked defensive.

"Nothing but it might be a little small for Bobby."

"Bobby"

"My dog. He stays right now with the dog sitter whenever I come here."

"You have a dog? Where was he when we were at your parents' house?"

"Dog sitter. Just said it. Come on, follow up."

"Fine. Bobby the dog."

"That's it. Think about it. You, me, Bobby. It will be perfect. No long distance relationship. Just us. Getting to know each other. Falling in love."

"It won't work Nolam. I'm not Hollywood wife material."

"You know we don't have to argue about anything and everything all the time. I know this is what couples do. But we can do other things instead." He said putting a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She hadn't realized how closed they were at the moment. She looked at his eyes going from her eyes to her lips then back to her eyes. She didn't know if it was the proximity or the wine, probably both, but at that moment, she found him hella sexy.

"Other things like what?" She whispered against his lips.

He closed the distance between them and kissed her.