Chapter 44

“You’ve been doing just fine without me these past weeks Nolam. You don’t need me!”

“Cly…”

“No! Let me talk Nolam.” She said facing him.

“Nolam, I would have never expected what happened. I haven’t been able to look at myself in the mirror for weeks. Every time I looked at the bruises, I would cry. Right now, I can’t even look at you without remembering that night, the look in your eyes. How scary you were. How dull and empty your eyes were. Those eyes I used to love, right now they’re just the symbol of an awful and dreadful event. I am not comfortable being around you.”

Nolam looked at his wife. When he saw her, he had been relieved to not see any hate in her eyes.

However, the hurt was still present. He looked at how she would use one hand to cover her wrist, then repeat with the other wrist as if she was massaging the ghost of her previous hurt. He knew it was subconscious, but it pained him to realize how deeply he had hurt her.

He wanted to take her in his arms and kiss the pain away.

“Cly, I don’t know what to say. I am so sorry. I cannot apologize enough. Just give me the opportunity to win you back and make you forget what happened. Please. I beg you.”

Clytia shook her head, lost in her own memories. She wasn’t looking at him anymore. She was staring at her hands.

She had thought about this meeting.

She had thought she would be mad at him and would probably be yelling and insulting him.

But now that he was in front of her, she had no hate towards him. It was even hard for her to recognize that she had missed him. She could see in his eyes that he was sincerely sorry. And that he wasn’t lying when he said that he was ready to do whatever she wanted.

Nolam gently took her hands in his. He was expecting her to remove them, but she didn’t.

He took that as an opportunity and scooted closer toward her.

Slowly, he raised her hands to his mouth and kissed them. She closed her eyes, taking deep breathes. He kept her hands in his and used his free hand to caress her face as she lingered in his touch.

His eyes roamed all over her face, as he took in her features. “I love you Cly.” He whispered against her lips. Slowly, he snaked his arms around her waist and took her in his grasp, finally breathing her scent. His whole being lit up from this proximity. He felt like he was alive again.

“I love you so fucking much. I’ve missed you.” He said one more time.

She didn’t answered but she didn’t push him away.

He kissed her shoulder, gently progressing to her collarbone and her neck, testing the waters. His kisses reached her ear, earning a soft moan from her.

He smiled against her skin before claiming her lips. Clytia immediately kissed him back. The both of them savoring the moment, the warmth of a missed lover. He pulled her closer, leaving no air between them, her boobs crashed against his wide chest. Her hands found their ways in his hair, as his tongue darted into her mouth.

Nolam wanted to feel every part of her.

He let his hands at the hem of her T-shirt and pulled it over her head, leaving her in her bra. He kissed her again, caressing her bare back, her stomach and her boobs.

He loved the way her body was responding to his, supplying heat and lust to one another.

He used his body to lay her on the couch, never leaving her mouth as his hands roamed over her chest. He felt her fingers underneath his shirt, caressing his abs and sending chills all the way through his spine.

“I love you so much.” He whispered against her ear between kisses. “Come back home with me honey.”

“I can’t.” She answered to him, making him stop and prop on one of his hand to stare down at her.

“You can’t or you won’t?”

Clytia pushed him off her before getting up and walking on the other side of the room, not far from the main entrance.

“Does it really matter Nolam?” She was looking back at him, her eyes dull and empty. “I am no going back to LA.”

He raked his hand in his already dishelmed hair. “Okay! We don’t have to go back.” He conceited. “As long as we are together. We can stay here in Boston if…”

“Enough!” She interrupted him. “Nolam … I am not sure about us anymore.”

“Cly…”

“Let me finish. Imetsomeonehere.” She let out in one breath.

Nolam’s brows creased as he looked at her confused. “What?”

“I met someone here.”