chapter one ; a new world

third-person pov:in the realm, escaping is only a rare occurrence that comes off more as a myth rather than a rarity

third-person pov:
in the realm, escaping is only a rare occurrence that comes off more as a myth rather than a rarity. in the realm, even death is not an escape: must you get your hands bloody because someone told you to, it will not benefit anything. in the realm, a different event will help in fueling you, by the means of false hope and true desperation.

in the realm, you'd only experience your past life in your dreams. though, they'll only result in nightmares at the end.

usually the skies aren't as calm like this, but tonight, it seems like it is.

"something doesn't feel right," meg shivered, "I feel like something is different." she suspected as she stretched her arms. a soft, gentle voice sighed beside her.

"what makes you say that, meg?" claudette asked in a gentle manner, looking up from the medical kit she attempted to fix. meg shrugged her shoulders in response, proceeding to look around. "I have no idea, but I feel like something new will be added." she explained.

those that heard the athlete's explanation of her suspicions had nodded their head. a pair of footsteps approached meg, patting her on the back. "i'd have to agree with you." a voice called out to them - this resulted with them turning their heads to who spoke.

yui kimura, aside from dwight, was like a leader to them all. her leadership and her determination can at least help spark not only a little bit of hope in other people's hearts, but of her own as well. though sometimes that can be doubted, she tries her best to hinder herself from thinking upon it.

sitting down on a wooden log that served as their bench, she sighed as she wiped the bullets of sweat rolling down her forehead. "today seems out of place," she confessed in a serious tone.

everyone here seemed to be able to understand each other, even if they have no proper knowledge of who spoke what language. maybe that's how they can understand each others' doubts and fears.

the botanist beside her sighed. "this won't benefit us anything," she mumbled, "what else is it going to do? it will only bring us trauma."

"we can only hope, claudette," yui placed her hand on the said girl's shoulder, "we can only hope."

sometimes, things won't ever change: the way that they'd encourage each other even though they themselves don't feel hopeful at times comes off as one wondrous and tragic idea.

claudette cracked a small smile, feeling a bit of reassurance. "I guess that is true."

suddenly, a voice in slight distress shouted from across the woods. "oi, crew! found something, come quick!" shouted a distressed nea, whose voice managed to echo across the forest, loud enough for her friends to catch a sound of her exclaiming.

the others who had heard nea shot glances at meg and yui, who were in shock as well with their suspicions being correct.

at times, this can truly mean that the entity's plans are coming into fruition, and the gut feelings people would feel are the worries that they experience - because they're too powerless to figure out those goals.