chapter thirty-three ; death of a bachelor

ji-woon's pov:
I can't believe it.
I cant believe I have actually done it.

saying the three words I have been yearning to say to her, to y/n, and actually getting to blurt it out to her. god, it took a huge amount of effort for me to conceal how flustered i was back then. i was really going to get there into expressing just how much i love her, or even show her just how much i love her. but, she isn't here.

instead, she was in a trial.

and as for one, you may wonder, "why be so nervous about your girlfriend trying something new?" i am attempting to try to not be so worrisome about it. but, my attempts have failed me. currently, i am this close to having to even summon the entity myself just for me to even spectate her or even see how she is doing. which, sadly, isn't possible. and even if it was, it's likely the entity wouldn't let me do so.

I sighed as I leaned back onto the tree trunk behind me. I have to mention - for some reason, i've become too clingy for my own good to a point that I have ended up in the forest, deciding to wait for y/n. closing my eyes  I just let the wind pass by me, letting myself feel how cold it is as I awaited the return of my girl, humming a beat without a melody kind of tune from my mouth.

third person pov:
the trees danced in the wind as the branches synchronized along with it. the clouds began to move in the skies: though it isn't so bright, it isn't so dark. but deep down inside ji-woon's heart was a level of uneasiness that somehow cannot be resolved by just staring into the forest view, as much as it looked as calming as it is.

he was having conflicts with himself; wanting himself to turn back time for the girl he loved to know what should go on and what must not go on during trials. still, he couldn't. that was something he was struggling with. 

as his eyes began to water with tears, fortunately, a familiar set of footsteps approached behind him. his senses clicked, and immediately turned his whole body around, only to see the love of his life.. with blood stains all over her. but it didn't matter to him.

"hey-"

the man cut off the journalist as he hugged her tightly, embracing every single bit of her warmth as he did nothing but remain in silence. she smiled softly, taken aback by his actions - that, however, did not stop her from hugging the idol back. wrapping her arms around him, she closed her eyes as she did the same actions back - taking in the warmth of her lover. quiet breathing was heard from the girl, who was still worn out from her trial. 

"are you okay? a-are you not hurt?" ji-woon looked up to her with concern as she exchanged a small smile to him. "of course i am okay, dearest. why wouldn't i be?" she giggled, giggling even more as ji-woon sighed of relief. "thank goodness. i thought i had to go to the survivors' camp to slice some people up." he joked, chuckling as he began to walk back with the girl to the killers' camp.

she was smiling, but deep down, a rude awakening in her mind and heart was present. it wasn't caused by the sentence that ji-woon said, oh no no no, it was rather some sudden thoughts. thoughts of questioning everything. her smile unconsciously faded away, exchanged with a blank expression staring into the space beneath her. what she was doing right now was something that she didn't expect herself to feel for a while.

what she didn't know, was that she was just finally learning how to be herself... just not which one.

"hm? y/n? is everything alright in that mind of yours?" ji-woon noticed her spacing out, y/n slowly nodding as she walked away somewhere quiet and secluded. despite her unknowingly dragging ji-woon along, she didn't really care about it. she was just to deep in her thoughts for her to really comprehend what was really happening with the things around her and herself.