chapter twenty-seven ; the void

your pov:
cold.
everything seemed as cold as the moment you stumbled into the wretched games of the entity and its realm. but this time, nobody was beside you. nobody was calling out to you, reaching out to you, or even coming to you, no - you were all by yourself at this point. you slowly felt your eyes flutter open, greeting by gray clouds hovering above you. you can't really see if it was gray or not, but it sure did seem like it. you noticed yourself floating, drifting in place. you panicked slightly; what are you doing in an unknown place, floating like this?

you suddenly felt yourself drop down to the bottom, crashing onto the ground as you let out a scream of pain. then, you heard something. the same sound of the strong, blowing wind that you had felt before back in the camp. speaking of the camp, where the hell are you at?

a strong force held you down as you began to feel panic arise in yourself yet again - an interval that might as well hurt you even more than the previous ones have. you saw someone in your front coming towards you, a shadow of some sort. it had your physique, but you still can't really tell what it was. it sure was strange to know that such shadows can replicate your own being, but you already knew that in this world anything is possible to happen.

"it looks like you have gotten yourself here, at last." 

a voice so familiar, so familiar to you began to speak. you then came to realize that it sounded a lot like yours. you tried to speak, but only a little croak from your throat shot out. your eyes widened as you snapped your head to the shadow, only to realize you are literally facing yourself now. her face was yours, but was more deranged and looked a lot more maniacal than you thought. her hands filled with papercuts and her one eye was replaced with a magnifying glass. it was like the journalist inside of you turned into pure evil after realizing that not all the time do people want to seek the truth in things. and it sure seemed to have turned out like that for you. her smile creeped widely, the sides of her smile slowly deforming itself due to the deep papercuts it was wounded with.

"w-what happened?" you spoke so quietly as if your voice was only limited to that volume as she laughed in a very unsettling manner. "you did this to me, y/n. you are the one who made me come out and now you get to be punished! all by me! all by yourself!" the clone in front of you laughed even more, her laughs echoing into your head as you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. then it hit you - it was the voice in your head all along that was doing this to you. she was the one who brought you here, the one who had claimed to be with you your entire life, the one who told you that you had forgotten a lot of things that had taken place in your life. "don't you know just how much i love doing this? just being in control while you're hiding away in the back of our own mind?" the way how it just referenced to you saying that just made you seem like this really wasn't a joke, and that there was something you have definitely missed out in your life. hell, you can't even recall a single thing except for the incident that has happened back in the forest. "who even are you? you haven't even answered a single question of mine, so tell me, who really are you? who are you to be claiming that you have been a part of me ever since whenever the fuck you have entered into my life?" you interrogated your clone, seriously making your tone so stern so that you could display the idea that you were not here to listen to her laughing in your head forever. she stopped laughing, but her smile remained. that crooked smile seemed so familiar to you.

"i am the one that led you hear, y/n. i did not like the fact that you finally got rid of me in your life when in fact we could be out there doing all sort of glorious things! but you shut me away, you hid me away from you, and you forced yourself to get rid of the memories of me appearing to you. but it seemed like that wasn't enough because look where we are now. you and i are finally here, standing face to face. it was so disappointing, y/n. how you could just throw away all the opportunities of being a world renowned journalist."