chapter eleven ; more [🍉]

trickster's pov
i watched with total surprise as i saw y/n crying against my rather-exposed chest. though i knew I'd be so well-distracted with how she cried, why could she be crying? what could have been the reason that made her cry? despite wanting to hear absolutely more of the noises, I had to do what I had to do to conceal my intentions: slowly and lovingly, i caressed her hair, running my fingers through her locks — her hair was beauty itself.

after what felt like a long while, her sobbing turned into quiet hiccups as she did her best to compose herself..

"hmm? what's wrong love?" i questioned whilst raising one eyebrow as she sniffled. "i-i know how i got here." she mumbled, causing confusion to pop up in my mind.

"what do you mean? aren't survivors supposed to not remember of how they got here?" i asked, raising both my eyebrows in interest to which she shrugged her shoulders as she kept sniffling, which made one side of me happy she's making noises, but the other side was feeling so sorry for her - somehow.

"why, ji-woon?" she asked of me in a sorrowful tone. "why what..?"

"why am i here? why are we here?" she questioned as she sat herself down on the usual wooden log we would sit on together as i followed suit. "why are you asking me?" i tilted my head her as she shrugged once again. "well maybe because you might've had some sort of answer to my question. scratch that," she grumbled as i chuckled, rubbing her back i tried to calm her down.

at least for a while, silence was in between us as i did nothing more but rub my hand on her back in hopes that she would forget it all.

she succeeded in doing so, but by other means.

"..good lord, what's that smell?" she covered her mouth so suddenly, trying her hardest to not gag. i furrowed my eyebrows before hearing a specific voice conceal a cough poorly.

"you know that's rude to say to someone older than you, right?" adiris cleared her throat from behind us. i quickly turned my head from the priestess to the journalist herself, who already had the life sucked out of her: her skin pale as snow and her eyes hinting the obvious fright she felt.

she deeply inhaled before continuing on with a scream, but i immediately  covered her mouth to not attract any of her friends, especially the one who punched me the last time.

I am not forgiving her for bruising my gorgeous face like that.

"t-t-that's the pla-" she stuttered in my hand as rin popped up behind her as well: to which she felt the cold shadow tower over her, resulting with the poor girl shaking in her boots.

"you twitch when you talk? god, at least you don' twitch all the time too." rin grumbled as y/n froze in place, unable to move or process the moment. "you guys, you're scaring her-" i tried to warn them but ghost face caught up to us, interrupting mt word. "surprise surprise!"

i watched as the colors of y/n's skin drained from itself as goosebumps formed onto her skin: at this point she looked like a whole raw chicken: pale and with literal chicken skin.

"you guys. you're scaring her. at least go one by one or look presentable!" i yelled as rin sarcastically let out a laugh. "tell that to adiris, she could've said that to her followers years ago or even had the proper time to even heal herself from whatever plague she's going through."

adiris scowled at the spirit, ready to wipe her ass off with the incense burner she held before I stood in between them - clearly disappointed that i'd be the one to stop another fight - as i sighed.

"just get the fuck out of here!" i angrily exclaimed as rin rolled her eyes, pretending to flinch by my harsh tone. "fine! alright! geez," rin walked away while adiris waved at y/n. y/n, who was currently trying to collect herself, waved awkwardly in return.