chapter forty-one ; habits stay high

third person pov:
"what we have seen back there is something we should not remember again," spoke the athlete meg, "but how come we still have memory of it?"

nea sighed as both of them sprinted together to find a generator. "I don't know, let's hope that y/n is okay though." she tried to lift up the situation, but meg could not help but feel anxious.

quickly kneeling down in front of the generator, they began to work together. nothing has changed. nothing is going to be new. nothing will make them have hope of getting out of here. it has always been like this, and it always will.

the familiar melodies that of a terror radish began to echo in the nearest distance to their right, a sign that lurking danger was nearby. they quickly fastened their work, and tried their best to not skip any skill checks. their hands worked together in unison, trying to avoid the grave danger approaching them.

but it seems like it's all going to be more than just danger.

"ladies," ji-woon's voice startled them from their left, making him laugh upon the flinching of the two girls, "why don't we make an exception, shall we?"

though the two girls have the grip on each other's hands that felt like they both wanted to run and escape the words of the killer, they stayed. this exception could be their only hope of even getting out of this wretched place: survivors, with their gullibility.

"you tell me where y/n is," the korean crouched down, "and I will let you go freely. no chasing, no terror radius surprising you. nothing." he smiled crookedly, watching the two girls share a glance with each other.

"and fail to do so," he moved closer, pointing his finest, sharpest blade right at them, "your face goes bye bye. so tell me now, before you say goodbye to your face." he laughed maniacally: he was going nuts at this point. was he ever normal?

"I- we—" meg took a hesitant stare at nea, who nodded without second thoughts, "we... saw her. disappear."

the trickster's eyes widened, fascinated, but in concern about this statement. "and I must believe you.. how?"

meg - like any other survivor - was shivering in fear; anxiety taking over her. she could not utter a single word now, but nea was there beside her. "we watched her and her realm basically fall into fragments that turned into pitch black." the killer in front of them raised an eyebrow, intrigued by how they knew, or even remembered. "and you knew of such events because?"

"because we were with her." nea replied. ji-woon sat down on the ground, slightly making the athlete give a scared look and backed away, but no harm was done.. yet.

"tell me more." he demanded.

"but we don't-"

"I want to know why. and if you arent going to tell me I can just.. slash." he made a throat-slitting gesture with his blade, which frightened meg even more. protecting her, nea placed her arm in front of the said athlete, trying to shield her from any incoming that could be implied to the younger.

this action, somehow, tugged at ji-woon's heartstrings: something that he could have done to y/n so he would not have lost her once again, but he still lost her. something he regretted deeply.

"she was showing us around her old house. it was really.. something that we loved about her," nea chuckled, "her adventurous yet quiet spirit. how she just wants someone to listen to about her stories and what she wants to do in life. she showed us around the place like a kid pointing out the most amazing things she saw in a museum. and before she even did.. fall into that little void that was created by the entity, she told us to say something to you."