chapter eight ; practice makes perfect [🍉]

your povit had already been

your pov
it had already been... who knows? days, weeks, months since you got in this strange place? ever since the day you were attacked in the woods, you have taken it upon yourself that you wanted to be better than you once were: you no longer wanted to be a weakling that was always targeted by the killer that kept chasing you all over and over again, all because they found you as an easy target. and since then, the others have watched as you blossomed into a skilled survivor - thanks to all the skills and tactics that they taught you, of course.

the skills you have are what they call a "blood-web"; where your skills have already been in your blood ever since the day the fire burning in your heart grew once you found your passion. since you were such the curious one, you had good observatory skills, well, thanks to nancy's practice time with you, she was capable of making you become a better survivor. you also were one in speed, especially when you had to knock down palettes and go over broken windows and walls. and then, you were finally able to have the skill to heal yourself and other people in trials; thanks to claudette and elodie's knowledge, you were able to be a better version of yourself.

there were so many other things that you learned, though, it was quite difficult to keep your stamina intact - but you had not anything from that field to worry about, after all, you were still learning.

and of course, when it came to the life outside the trials, you were still the number one curious survivor. you knew everything and every single place you have been to, and you were progressing in figuring out the entity itself.

the entity is, of course, an ominous entity, who placed all of you here for unknown reasons. was it for self-pleasure? self-glory? what does it take from you for itself? it can't be your soul - had it been your soul, you would not be walking at all, but rather walking in the light of the afterlife. 

not even any of your other survivors even knew if they had a hint of knowledge about the entity that they could possibly share with you, which caused you to be stuck in a predicament along with the hiatus you took on your work. you were disappointed, but you had to at least focus on other things until you could get an idea. 

anyhow, you were growing to this peculiar environment: though the lingering feeling of wanting to be in your own home laying down in your own bed remained, you still had no other choice, even if you wanted to. however, your friends were present to guide you through the sadness and the homesick emotions you experienced. the campsite just seemed to be a sacred sanctuary from the outside world's dangers and what lay in it.

"dang, if i think about it," richter announced, sitting down beside you, "our friend y/n here hasn't been in a trial for a while now, isn't that right?" he asked as the others nodded in agreement, while on the other hand, you giggled shyly. "that's true though, she's just been exploring the little details of this place back and forth!" meg pointed out as you nodded, keeping your wide smile on display.

"well, i wouldn't know how i'd feel if i were sucked into one again," you giggled as felix ruffled your hair. "ah yes, yun-jin! how do you feel about being here?" you asked the white-coated girl, who was currently trying to fix herself to make her more presentable. you found out how skilled she is: though you wished that she could help the rest of you out whenever she was in a trial with you, she was all in all a very speedy survivor.