chapter seven ; i spy

(a/n: spoiler alert: you make contact with water in one of these parts. you're an astronaut in the ocean, yeah, whatchu know bout rollin down in the deep-)

your pov
breathing heavily, your feet led you down the hill as you began to sprint towards the forest. you were more than excited to be in such a secluded place that you let your thoughts take the wheel as your eyes observed the surroundings.

"this shall be an easy way in, and an easy way out," you mumbled, determined as you wanted to explore more of this realm; who knows, maybe there could be some sort of exit in here, you thought to yourself as you spotted a body of water, at last. you smiled in relief as you ran there, a body has been discovered! (a/n: I tried to put humor, I'm sorry danganropa stans- future me here, and what the fuck is this? -turnip, 2021.)

(future FUTURE me here. what in the world is this? - turnip, 2022.)

you finally reached the body of water, sitting yourself down with your notebook and pen in hand. you smiled widely: who would have thought that in a world full of blood-thirsty monsters, there would be a forest that appeared to be created by mother nature herself? "wow, it sure is cold here," you shivered, rubbing your arms prior to writing in your journal.

you always longed for the idea of writing to yourself about the brand new places that you'd come to explore. not once did you regret the idea of it - though, you do wonder if there was ever a moment you did. 

the sudden screeching from a flock of birds resulted in a flinch, followed by causing you to drop your pen as well into the water. "whoa whoa whoa!" you exclaimed as you had managed to catch your notebook before any of the pages could touch the water. even so, you felt saddened, watching as the pen began to sink down to the bottom of the water. "no! now the pen won't work once i get it out, damn it," you mumbled the last 2 words to yourself, sighing loudly with frustration.

now you have to touch some water.

stowing away your notebook and pen, you crouched down in front of the water cautiously: holding yourself up to avoid falling was your one hand, and as for your other hand, it began to reach for the pen that now lay idly in the body of water. you bit your lip nervously, feeling your hand shiver in anticipation. all of the sudden, you felt a strong hand grip your head, pushing you down into the water aggressively.

you screamed: flailing your arms around to save yourself from drowning was deemed useless, as the person behind you had a strong grip on their hands. you choked on the water that entered your mouth, gurgling as you tried your very best to deliver yourself from this dire situation. low ringing intensified in your ears, the only thing you could hear properly besides your mumbled screams. you felt your lungs fill up with water, which was not a good sign.

you felt like you were going to die.

finally feeling and noticing that your head was lifted out of the water, you violently began to cough out the water that forced its way through your throat. you heaved, throwing up the water that invaded your body. as you gasped for more air, you mentally thanked the heavens that you could breathe at last. at last, you gathered yourself, tucking your now wet hair behind your ears as you met the person behind this devious act.