chapter thirty-five ; heavydirtysoul

(a/n: yes i know, the past few chapters might have been song titles. and the reason for that is because i can't really focus on writing without music, especially when it comes to thinking of ideas. well, enough of this author's note. enjoy!)

-

third person pov:
after a bloodbath from ji-woon, he was transported back to the campfire. he then noticed something was off.

"y/n? honey why are you still pale?" he raised his eyebrows, trying to figure out what events are going on inside the girl's mind and body. the said girl, y/n, was currently trying to figure something out - that is, her pale skin standing out even more.

she did not feel ill or nauseous, she somehow felt alright.

"I know, it's really... something," the journalist sighed, "even adiris did not know what it was ever since she got back from her own trial. strange, indeed."

"well have you tried applying something that would heat yourself up?" he questioned.

"I tried putting my arms above the fire, it did not work." she sighed. "of course silly, it's just gonna give you warmth," the boy poked her nose, "unless you feel cold, somehow."

"well in fact I don't, actually." she chuckled, slightly flustered with the affectionate action.

"then good, by the time you and I seem to get some quality time I would want to feel body warmth coming from your body to my hands."

good god, even I can feel the amount of being flustered too much from ji-woon by y/n from here. how her cheeks just tinted themselves with a red color, saying nothing but remaining in silence as she looked away. sure it was something so stupid to be silent with or even to seem so shy about, but in reality, it surely was bold of the trickster to even say that to the girl.

he smirked, deciding to play the tease in this conversation as he lifted up the girl's chin alone with a single finger. their eyes were glued on each other, technically wanting something from the both of them. something they want to.. share together.

"you surely are smart with your words, aren't you, ji-woon hak?" she chuckled, "is that just how you get to kill me softly with your words each time?"

"sure, but it seems like you enjoy it. why not do it more often then?" sending a playful wink, the girl knew she had defeated immediately. and to be honest, come on, who wouldn't be defeated by a single wink of this man?

"you know we can hear you guys right?" rin passed by them, "you guys just really wanna get it on. that doesn't mean I want you to though, that'd be fucking disgusting." she grumbled. both of them laughed. "she's right though, and plus, getting scarred for life won't be worth it in a place like this." ghost face joined in, sending both of them into a blushing mess.

the red of the time was filled with nothing but laughs, but all of that of course has to end when it comes to being stuck in a place where only God knows if there is ever such an exit in this place. the piercing pain coming from the gut of the trickster spread outward to his body, causing his hands to shake in misery and pain. y/n caught eye of it, somehow. "everything okay ji-woon?"

something felt like it was off yet again. the excruciating pain growing even more once y/n had spoke. he groaned in pain, falling to his knees as he could no longer get ahold of himself. the journalist shrieked in fear, holding him. she did not know what was going on, but she knew that it wasn't something good.

"ji-woon!" she exclaimed, trying to keep the male from being unconscious as she attempted to bring him to her tent, which took a lot of struggles and weird stares from the other serious killers. she succeeded, laying her down on her bed. she sighed of relief, deciding to call on the nurse for help.