chapter twenty ; test me [🍉]

your pov:
oh, my lord.

the feeling of this foreign yet almost similar to your intervals made you feel as if this was worse than just an interval, you thought about it as you laid down on your bed; surprisingly, you were not convulsing or going into a panic state, just massive ache and panic over your body. "y/n what's wrong?" claudette held your arm tightly as you tried to speak, but only a wince of pain escaped your lips. you watched as claudette pulled out her medical kit while your friends looked at you with pure concern written all over them. "t-there's pain.. everywhere.. but mostly on my h-head." calmly managing to speak out, claudette nodded as she massaged your arms ever so gently. 

this isn't you.
you have more than this.
more than just some intervals.

that voice, your eyes widened as you shook your head just a little bit before you could hear any more of it - luckily, you did not.

"are you okay now y/n?" a concerned nea asked you as you nodded. "yeah," you chuckled while holding your arm, "i feel a lot better now, actually." you said, recalling the voice that was present a few moments earlier. you began to wonder, what was going on? are you okay?

"well, maybe it was just something caused by stress," claudette explained, which made you know exactly what was causing it, "what has been stressing you out lately, y/n?" she asked you turned away from the named botanist, beginning to think.

is it really not that obvious?
this stupid border.
this stupid teams.
is what's blocking us from seeing ji-woon.

the voice is there again! 

your eyes widened, not really knowing what to do. this caused nea to raise her eyebrow and speak, out of concern. "y/n, you okay? you need space or-" 

"yeah, yeah I would love some space."

blinking profusely, you covered your mouth in surprise as to how fast you responded to nea.

awkwardly, and quietly, each of your friends made an exit from your tent. turning over to yun-jin, who stayed behind, had her hugging her own knees. you sighed quietly, feeling as if that was a little too much.

yun-jin scooted closer to you as she rubbed your back. "everything alright in there?" she asked you, in which you nodded, but your current status said otherwise. "yeah.. I just need to talk to ji-woon for a bit, okay?" you whispered to her as she looked at you, furrowing her eyebrows. "but y/n, are you sure you wanna risk yourself going back there?" your eyebrows furrowed, "I mean yeah we did see ji-woon, but what if the killers in the campsite might see you again?" you sighed as you stood up, covering yourself with your long coat as your hands made their way to the boots left standing on the floor.

"i'll just try not to get caught, okay?" you assured her as she sighed. "alright fine. but also, there is something you need to know." she spoke as you looked at her. "are you really okay y/n?" 

your eyebrows furrowed as you let out a small laugh, even though that laugh hid several unspoken things.

"i am? why do you ask?" you looked at her, crossing your arms as you watched her shrug and sigh. "you seem quite off. you're... different now." she mumbled the sentence - which you heard - as you laughed. as you walked over to her, ready to reply to her, a sudden black fog surrounded the both of you; perfect timing, you sighed. deeply inhaling, you suddenly felt a much more thick fog engulf you. it felt more than just preparing you to enter the battlefield, no, it felt like your conscience was.. changing.

"is it the inner voice again? but i don't hear it." mumbling to yourself, you shrugged it off as you finally got transported to your destination. surprisingly, a few minutes have passed, yet the killer has not made a single move to alert you that they were not playing around. is the hunter not here? is there a glitch in the matrix?  you chuckled; it's probably just an opportunity to get this over with so you can continue your conversation with yun-jin.