chapter thirty-six ; crazy

third person pov:
something about this type of situation makes me feel as if though there is something that must not take place.

the deadly silence filling the air between ghost face and the journalist was not helping either; as if ghost face is itching for an answer from the girl, it's like he will not step away from this conversation until he gets an answer. but y/n did not give any answer at all.

"are you going to answer me or what?" danny asked seriously, y/n shaking her head as she stood up, dusting her coat off. "nah, I don't want to. my heavy, dirty soul does not even know what I should say either." she replied.

"if you make one wrong move," he stood up, grabbing the girl by her collar, "I will make sure we do not stop until you feel pain while you are conscious. even if it means ji-woon will have to watch you or join you in your suffering. understand?"

y/n has never really seen the male in front of her be this serious and stern, she has actually felt chills run down her spine, even felt the goosebumps form on her skin. she gulped nervously the lump that was stuck on her throat, nodding. she sighed of relief upon feeling the hand of the boy disappear. she held her neck, trying to get herself. the other killer walked away; she figured he did not want to waste his time anymore. so he walked away.

but for some reason, y/n just needed to be at the bottom of this.

she took a look around herself for a moment, her goosebumps still remaining - was something wrong?

the sun was not up anymore, handing over its dominance to the moon that was beginning to rise up. the trees showed shadows on the ground which were produced by the nearby fire, the only possible light source to shine this bright. she kept looking around, noticing the fog in the distance as well, a little bit of it arriving themselves to the camp. the tents were a bit worn out, but it was still stable as always. the killers were gathering each other in their own little conversations, some were secluded and secured in their own tents, during their own things.

it was them to check in on ji-woon. her feet lead her back to the tent, where ji-woon was left lying down in her bed, sleeping. a wave of sadness and guilt rushed over to y/n once she sat down beside him. holding his hand, she closed her eyes, trying to conceal the fact she felt like she was going to cry anytime soon.

but she did not want to cry; she figured she cried too much for today.

she deeply inhaled, trying to keep her poker face on. feeling the korean squeeze her hand tightly, she cocked her head immediately to the boy, showing how she was visibly alarmed with his actions. "ji-woon, is everything alright?" the journalist asked, standing up slightly as she looked over to him. the male was breaking out into a cold sweat.

her eyes widened in panic, not really knowing what to do. she wanted to call out for sally, but she was currently unavailable. and even if she could beg for her to help her boyfriend, she could not just leave him here or even go out somewhere far to find another piece of apatite. it was far too late for her to even think of going out of the tent in seek for another offering. her hands were shaky, trying to find herself useful. but she could not really find anything. to make it even worse, she did not have any form of healing perks present in herself.

she decided to do the traditional way of waking someone up.

reaching for something underneath the bed, she opened it and threw it to him. he immediately arose from his slumber, looking around frantically and then gluing his eyes onto her from surprise.

"y/n? why did you throw cold water at me?!" he exclaimed.

she sighed of relief, not caring about the fact that he was startled. immediately - now that he was awake - she hugged him tightly. he was surprised by her actions still, but hugged back slowly. she closed her eyes. "what's going on with you? your behavior is so concerning." y/n spoke.