chapter twenty-eight ; house of memories

your pov:
if you were correct, by now ji-woon would be in his tent or probably in a trial. if he was out of a trial, he would immediately go to sleep. maybe, who knows? you haven't spent that much time with him in that tent of his after that incident that day, but you knew he would be getting some well-deserved rest by now - it just left you wondering if he ever cared about the survivors he sliced up and knocked out. for your friends, it would be them coming back from a tiresome and brutal trial. after getting clapped by the killers and sacrificed, it sure does seem to be tiring. well, it is.

but as for you, you were stuck here with your clone, flying through whatever these blue portals walls seem to be taking you as your vision flickered every now and then. you couldn't think; everything was so confusing for you. if you could recall that well, your clone who was the voice in your head all along was now right in front of you, holding her hand as if it was nothing. you wish you knew straight away what your fate could be.

"you ready to see something very nostalgic and so cool?" she asked you, in which you began to worry because you didn't entirely trust her yet, even though you agreed on wanting to be who you have always wanted to be this whole entire time. you were about to tell her no, but she laughed before using a boost to jump into some black hole. and soon enough, you find yourself with your eyes closed.

slowly you began to open your eyes, fluttering them open as you finally took a look around the surroundings. though there were still some bright lights flaring around you, they slowly began to disappear into thin air as you got a clear look of your environment, at last. the familiar bright green grass below you hugged your knees before letting them go as you stood up, and the bright shining sun was right above your heads. it was beautiful to see the bright sun and the green grass again, but the aura all around you just screamed eerie vibes. it seemed like home all over again-

home?

"what the hell are we doing back in my childhood house?" you exclaimed; the sudden feeling of anger taking over your body as your clone immediately halted you from running away or even doing anything stupid. grabbing your wrist she made you look at her, in which she spoke a look that wanted you to comply to her rules, and that was calming your ass down, and so you did.

"because, well," she chuckled darkly, "we are here to see what has made you like this." at this point you just did not want to cooperate with her anymore; the feeling of coming back to the house that you already obliged yourself to not come back to was right in front of you, and surely, with the bad memories that it holds, you don't even want to know what it looks like inside. but sadly running away from the scene wasn't possible, since she had ahold of your wrist, and her grip was rather strong. much stronger than yours.

"i thought that you would know by now that i do not like this place. if you knew so much about me then you would know i absolutely hate it here." you murmured as she laughed. "yeah sure, i don't like it here either, but hey, we still need to figure out who you truly are. well... you, actually. i already know."

"know what?-"

"we are wasting time. let's go."

she cut you off, maybe because she didn't want to reply to your question, or maybe she was just getting annoyed by your grumpiness. anyway, you continued to follow behind her like a lost baby duck. your boots led the way while your mind did the rest of the work. observing all the details of your surroundings, it was like you weren't so angry at the place anymore - though the house you did not want to visit was present, the bright green grass and the blue sky was rather calming to the nerves. but, the aura was off.

"you know y/n, there are always places that people would begin to change or start off their journey in changing," the clone spoke, "and for you, it just so happened to be at your own house." you raised an eyebrow. "I already know that, but why do you still have to make me feel like my mother found me hiding in the bushes and dragged me back home for a talking-to?" you asked.