chapter fourteen ; dream world

third-person pov
"people, has any of you ever seen y/n?" kate asked to the others around the campfire, who turned to her attention: murmuring went about amongst the survivors.

"no, we haven't. is she not here?" dwight questioned as she shook her head. "no, i haven't. and i have been trying to find her help for something," nea shared a glance with dwight, sighing as she stood up. "in fact, i haven't seen her and yun-jin either," nea added as kate furrowed her eyebrows, concerned that her two friends have wandered off on their own, not informing anybody. "could they be... oh i know where!" kate grabbed nea's wrist, "we will be right back, don't you worry!" before nea could process her friend's actions, kate strutted, leading herself and the graffiti artist into the forest.

"ah yes, they might as well be here after all," nea mumbled, a sigh of relief as she held her head, kate giggling. "of course they would be, darlin'. ain't nobody know this place better than themselves, no?" kate laughed as she wondered further into the forest, but suddenly stopped on her tracks, which concerned the older swedish woman.

turning her head over to her from behind, she raised an eyebrow. "everything alright with you?" nea asked with a concerned tone as kate slowly pointed to two figures in the distance. quickly, the two of them hid behind some bushes, crouching behind the evergreen shrubbery. "w-what's happening?" nea whispered quietly to the guitarist who put her hand over her mouth, successfully getting her to lower her voice.

and there came out two familiar girls, who were giggling to themselves as they headed back from the direction that seemed to be... the killer's campfire.

the same dreaded place that housed maniacal murderers.

nea's eyes widened and covered her mouth after letting out a small and quiet gasp, almost as if she was seeing something she isn't supposed to be: was it?

"yeah! i thought he was going to do something to me, but turns out he just really likes me!" yun-jin gestured eccentrically as y/n laughed, clapping her hands with glee. "and what does he think of your korean? does he find it.. alluring?~" y/n teased as yun-jin became red, slightly hitting the other girl's shoulder who let out a laugh. "yah! ...l-let's say he's trying to learn from me," the producer admitted as the journalist hysterically burst into a fit of laughter. however, the duo fell into immediate silenceas soon as they saw the two other girls in front of them, who came out from the bushes and gazed at them.

they weren't happy, of course they wouldn't be, but they also did not show any signs of disappointment or sadness: they were rather concerned.

"where did you two come from?" nea questioned them sternly as y/n gulped, trying to get rid of the nervous smile plastered on her face, while yun-jin had bullets of sweat rolling down her forehead. "w-well.. uhm.." yun-jin tried to speak up, stuttering nervously as kate let out a hearty laugh. "have you guys went to see your little sweethearts?" kate teased as y/n's eyes visibly widened.

"i was correct! both of you went inside the killers' campsite and went along and found yourselves weak in the knees," kate added as yun-jin looked away, her face showing a flushy red on her face. nea chuckled and sighed, pulling the 3 into a tight, bear hug. "you guys better be careful, really," nea disclaimed, letting out a sigh of relief, "i don't want you guys to actually get injured during trials. that's the second worst thing to occur."

nea was protective of her friends, despite being a lonewolf herself during trials. she'd not bat an eye at you when you had to fix a generator: she was that focused on getting things done.

"alright, "mommm", whatever you say." y/n joked as the other girls laughed along, making their way back home to the survivor's camp.

as if nauseous, y/n suddenly stepped back, as if she was dizzy. kate looked at the girl, raising her eyebrows. "everything alright there, darlin'?" she asked as y/n slowly nodded. "y-yeah! i'm doing alright! i'm doing just great!" she laughed with a slight hint of nervousness in her tone as she headed back to her tent. the others looked at her confused but were at least relieved that she came back safely, and didn't want to question her any further.

𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙡𝙮 | the trickster × female readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें