chapter twenty-two ; truths in lies

your pov:
you let out a small chuckle as you watched ji-woon disappear into the fog that surrounded him. standing up, you decided to head back to the camp. but to your absolute fear and surprise, as you turned around, there stood zarina and jane, who were staring at you. zarina had her arms crossed as for the other girl jane, she was rather upset to even react to anything. well shit. you know just how they spit out the truth all the time.

"and you said you wouldn't see that man ever again." the documentarian in front of you chuckled as you knew damn right she caught you and ji-woon. you gulped nervously, trying not to panic in this situation. "w-well.. you see.." you trailed your voice as jane covered your mouth. "we don't want to hear you spewing out bullshit anymore y/n. you clearly don't know what you're facing here." jane remarked as you closed your eyes. you heard zarina's footsteps come over closer to you as she grabbed your chin.

"do you two have something that you want to explain?" she mumbled, loud enough for only you and jane to hear, as you shook your head slowly. but it seemed like she was unsatisfied as you felt a slap land on your cheek before jane's hand could remove itself from your mouth. you held your cheek, looking at them as zarina's upset look remained plastered all over her face. you felt that same conscience taking over again as you held your head. "i know you're just doing this just to make us feel guilty of you y/n," jane uttered, "you can't keep doing the same mistake anymore, can you?" 

you walked over to jane as you landed a slap on her cheek as well - a rather harsh one since she fell down to the ground. zarina gasped and shared a horrified look at you, and so did jane, who was rather disgusted by your actions. you didn't bother whatsoever though, you just didn't want anyone stopping you anymore.

you remembered your friends' words; how they were always going to be right beside you even if you were developing feelings for this sociopathic k-pop star, because you can't stop a person's feelings unless they do it themselves right? 

but.. why do the rest not just mind their own damn business?

"y/n! what the fuck has gotten into you huh!?" jane stood up as she went over to you, readying her fists as you dodged a hit from her, still slightly stumbling as you tried to get away from her range. zarina went behind you and tried to hold you down from the ground as she could let the celebrity hit you as much as she would like. despite her being rather strong with her perks, you still were able to get out of her grasp, but still got hit by jane's punch. you groaned in pain as you felt your nose bleed from her damage done to you.

"you deserve it! you're going nuts now aren't you y/n? just trying to make amends with a killer that you will end up regretting? or are you trying to turn against us?" jane exclaimed as she kept landing damage upon you - which you let out a series of groans and winces of pain as zarina kept you pinned down to the ground, helping her friend.

third person pov:
after what seemed to have taken a while of beating up the poor journalist, jane finally stepped back, looking back at what she had done upon the girl who talked with the killer. "now, do you care to tell us what you have been talking about with the trickster?" zarina uttered as y/n shook her head. "i won't tell you." she croaked out as the celebrity went over, but was stopped by zarina yet again. they both watched as she stood up, and quickly began to scream loud. 

loud enough that the others would be able to come over and get the commotion.

it took all that - and the remaining strength of the journalist - to get her friends to come over and catch her before her weary and damaged body could make contact with the cold and rather bloody ground. "zarina! jane! what is the meaning of this!?" yui angrily spoke out as she went over to her two friends. their eyes widened as they both looked at each other, silent as they could not croak out a single word from their throats.