chapter twenty-three ; all on you

your pov:
you smiled as you watched ji-woon make his exit from your tent, slyly escaping from the campfire before anybody else could suspect his presence being here. sighing, you sat down only to be greeted by the sounds of screams in the distance. screams that seems to belong to elodie and nancy. you stood up as you slowly got out of your tent, trying to see what the commotion was all about. noticing meg and laurie near you, you quickly got your way to them, tapping their shoulders.

"what's wrong? why did elodie scream?" you mumbled out of curiosity as meg shrugged her shoulders, her facial expressions showing pure concern on her face as well as laurie, who was shaking in her shoes. "i don't know, we're just staying here in case we-"

"ZARINA! JANE!" you heard nancy call out as adam and jake carry the two unconscious girls in their arms as claudette gasped beside you. "t-that's not something i can h-heal.." she mumbled as you rubbed her back. "don't worry about it," you mumbled as she looked at you with a puzzled face, "just patch them up. i'm sure the wounds won't be that crucial." you reassured her as she smiled a bit. "could we go with you at least? i'm sure you'll need the support, clauds." laurie crossed her arms as the botanist smiled, nodding at the offer. "that would be amazing. let's go now!" 

you walked with meg and laurie as you three followed the botanist, who was rather itching from nervousness. laurie, meanwhile, was still shaking from fright on what could have happened to the two girls. and meg was silent - she was serious whenever she was silent. 

but, you felt nothing, at all. 

"zarina! jane! oh my god, what happened to you guys?!" yun-jin exclaimed from fear as she kneeled down the two conscious bodies, which were wounded with such deep injuries. the damages were unimaginable. "the wounds look like they have been caused by glass shards." you stated as the whole room fell silent as they looked at you crossing your arms. you raised an eyebrow as you looked around the room. "what?"

"y/n. how do you know what the cause is without us saying anything?"

your eyes widened as you realized you done fucked up now  since you do not know how to read bodily damages, unlike detectives. you aren't even in the CSI unit. you looked around as even laurie and meg gave you a weird look. "because it looks... l-like it can be caused by glass shards..? a-and plus, look! there's powder caused by the broken glass!" you defended yourself as you pointed to the clothes of zarina and jane, in which jake nodded. "ohhh, fair point! thanks y/n. we thought you were the one who caused this." he laughed as he and claudette began to work on patching up the wounds of the two unconscious best friends. you felt yourself sigh of relief quietly as you walked away outside.

but you felt kate grab your wrist as she dragged you away from the crowd.

"kate? where are we going?" you raised an eyebrow as she kept on dragging you away, a word not spoken at all from the guitarist as she dragged you inside her tent. you looked at her confused. 

"stop being with ji-woon." 

she spoke ever so seriously that you actually got taken aback. her usually warm and sunshine smile wasn't present, rather, she was having this cold and angry expression on her face. "..why?" you asked her, still taken aback by her demand since she was supportive of you last time. "he threatened me, y/n! he was looking for you earlier, and he was planning to slit my throat if i didn't lead him to you!" she exclaimed with her tone being angry - something that you never expected yourself to see. 

"i.. i'm sorry.. okay? i will make sure he doesn't get near you-"

"no y/n! i don't want you to keep on saying that he won't do anything to you because he has already hurt me! and if he does to the others, then you will pay for it." watching her walk away in shock, you rolled your eyes and sat down. you sighed as you just felt a cloud of tears enter your eyes, but you quickly shut them out by closing your eyes. you wondered - why does things have to be so hard in this realm? you just had ji-woon at the tips of your fingers, but you also had your friends by your side. right now, you just felt numb to the point that you just feel pieces of your soul being chipped away from its form.