Chapter 13

“Seo Hoyun.”

While anxiously looking at Seong Jiwon, I realized one beat late that Lim Hyunsoo was gesturing at me. I obediently went over and sat down, and she whispered to me.

“Hey, your members are better than I thought. They’re nice kids.”

“They’re not bad.”

“Yeah, I thought they’d all be arrogant like you.”

“That’s a compliment, right, Ms. Composer?”

“Of course, this cute and bratty kid here.”

Lim Hyunsoo continued to hum happily.

“It feels fresh after a long time. It’s a bit rough and ready since it’s rushed… I’ve always been used to the big idols, but a newly formed group with a fighting spirit like this is fun for me too.”

I raised my chin and looked at Lim Hyunsoo.

“Ms. Composer, do you know what it means when someone is wishy-washy?”

“You mean they’re nice?”

“Of course, you have no idea how much I like you, Ms. Composer.”

“Thank you very much.”

Lim Hyunsoo seemed thrilled despite the issue of plagiarism and piracy, perhaps thinking of her heyday.

Seong Jiwon was standing stiffly in front of the pop filter. Lim Hyunsoo turned on the microphone that would transmit to the recording studio.

“Main vocal, are you ready?”

“Yes! I’m ready.”

Seong Jiwon nodded his head. The members practicing their parts frantically looked up all at once.

The beat flowed, and Seong Jiwon steadied his breathing. His eyes flickered anxiously. Lim Hyunsoo murmured.

“I hope he does well.”

I smirked.

Seong Jiwon? Hope he does well?

“Give me, Give me, Give me Second Chance.”

The most useless thing to worry about was celebrities in the world.

Seong Jiwon’s voice echoed throughout the recording studio. Lim Hyunsoo lowered her gaze and closed her mouth.

Seong Jiwon’s tension gradually eased as the song progressed, and his immersion in the song increased.

“Say it once more, it’s the beginning for us,

I will come back every time,

Don’t be afraid of this strange feeling.”

Ah, Seong Jiwon’s high note was so comfortable to listen to.

Comfortable.

I relaxed on the back of my chair.

“… Are you okay?”

After he finished his part, Seong Jiwoon kept an eye on Lim Hyunsoo, who turned the microphone towards him.

“Seong Jiwon.”

“Yes, yes?”

“How did it sound to you?”

Lim Hyunsoo asked in a hushed voice. Seong Jiwon’s pupils swirled like waves on a stormy day after hearing those words.

“Um…I think my pitch was okay.”

“Pitch? That’s not the problem right now.”

Lim Hyunsoo laughed.