Chapter 35

“What? A sound failure?”

“Are they crazy?”

The fans were buzzing. The staff could be seen running around frantically on stage.

I quickly picked up the microphone. It wasn’t my part, but –

“Come to me, come to me,

Don’t be afraid, come to me.”

Let’s keep going, guys.

Whether it’s a sound failure or not, we can’t stop here.

“I have my second chance.”

Seong Jiwon caught on quickly and improvised a harmony underneath. It wouldn’t have been there originally, but since there was no accompaniment, we had to make the sound richer somehow.

Following him, Kim Seonghyeon reassured the fans by waving his hand and singing.

“No need to worry.”

That’s when the fans started singing along with our song.

We slowly moved in sync with the beat, and the frantic stage directions quickly untangled. At that moment, Kang Ichae entered perfectly in time like a ghost.

“Everyone, sing with us!”

“Stand up with the target, I have confidence.”

Despite the sound failure, Kang Ichae’s confidence was overflowing.

Rather, he went wild like a horse unleashed because of the lack of an accompaniment. As Kang Ichae excitedly bounced around, the fans loosened their stiff faces and cheered.

“I ain’t gonna miss this time.”

Jeong Dajun was swept into the excitement and came forward. Thinking ‘since it’s come to this,’ everyone changed the song with crazy ad-libs.

Seong Jiwon and I cleanly raised the final note together in the highlight. Even without accompaniment, Seong Jiwon was like a person who swallowed a CD. There wasn’t a single error.

Kim Seonghyeon purposely came to the front of the stage with a smile, then winked at each audience member and raised one eyebrow.

“Give me, Give me, Give me Second Chance.”

That’s how the song ended. The sound of gasping for breath was captured directly by the microphone.

The backing track suddenly cut in briefly, drawing jeers from the audience, but Jeong Dajun caught his breath and grabbed the mic.

“We’ve practiced hard, and it paid off.”

“Wasn’t it a big picture to prove our live performance?”

“Of course, of course. I knew it all along.”

“You looked too flustered for that.”

“Ah, hyung!”

As we smoothly transitioned, the jeers stopped. Numerous slogans waved lovingly amid the looks of interest and affection.

We greeted them with bright smiles.

There were no pitch problems, and the beat was good.

Maybe it’s actually fine? Should I try to get more attention by doing an unaccompanied live performance?

Holding the microphone, I ran the happy circuit.

“As you may know, we’re in the middle of filming Shining Star.”