Chapter 132

“Did you talk with Yoon Heeun-sunbae?”

I momentarily lost my ability to speak.

I thought the time had come, but….

Unwittingly, to hide my trembling eyelashes, I raised my hand and rubbed between my eyebrows.

Kang Ichae?

No. He wasn’t the type to block a conversation with Seong Jiwon and then bring it up behind his back.

It was more accurate to say Seong Jiwon had cleverly figured it out.

I lowered my gaze, shaking off the snow that had piled up on my head.

“How did you find out?”

“At the year-end event, when you said you were headed to the restroom and Ichae went off to find you, it was a bit awkward when both of you returned together, wasn’t it?”

With a faint laugh…

“And recently, you seemed to be in a good mood after switching channels whenever Yoon Heeun-sunbae appeared….”

…he added.

“Have you been happier recently?”

Lifting my head at that question, I saw my reflection in Seong Jiwon’s eyes. I casually averted my gaze and stroked my chin.

“…Do you really want to know?”

“…”

The silence felt prolonged.

Even on this cold day, I felt as if cold sweat was running down my back under Seong Jiwon’s piercing gaze.

Even though I had no intention of telling him, even if he said he wanted to know, I felt slightly pathetic to ask back.

“…Um, no. I trust you.”

Seong Jiwon blinked several times then brushed the snow off the bench before sitting down.

“Well, it’s not like it’s going to be bad for us anyway.”

“That….”

“Right?”

“……Right.”

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn’t wrong.

I knew it wouldn’t work on the members, but I still attempted to look harmless and benign as if I had put my soul into it.

Seong Jiwon just chuckled without saying much and looked up at the sky.

A little further away, the youngest members bickered as usual.

“We got caught again this time.”

“…”

“I can’t really hide anything from you.”

Seong Jiwon turned his gaze to meet mine, paused for a moment, and then said,

“…I’m sorry about last time.”

If he was referring to last time, it must have been about the incident when he tried to answer a sasaeng’s call in the countryside.

“Yeah, you almost did something crazy.”

“Ahaha.”

I spoke seriously in a joking tone, and Seong Jiwon laughed out loud.

I could confidently say I knew what kind of person Seong Jiwon was.

Diligent, hardworking, ambitious, and sometimes soft.

Plus, the resolute aspect I had recently added to my knowledge about Seong Jiwon.