Chapter 84

“Wow…”

Whether the director and the production crew were excited or not, I was already slightly regretting coming to this audition.

“I really want to smoke…”

And did the AD even think I would smoke those absurdly awful cigarettes? As if life wasn’t hard enough already, I had to resist the urge to smoke and resort to sucking on a candy stick, causing me to swear.

“No, Hoyun. You held back well.”

Anyway, I quickly put aside my sickening sentimentality and glanced around, noticing that most people were either whispering with serious faces or checking their scripts.

Among them, only the writer had a bright expression while the director was seriously looking at my profile again.

“Seo Hoyun, is this really your first time acting?”

“Yes, it’s my first time.”

“That’s unbelievable… How could you be so natural?”

It was all just experience that brought out this acting…

In fact, I wasn’t really acting but pouring out my emotions from real-life experiences…

“Honestly, I’m really conflicted. I didn’t think a twenty-three-year-old would come for this role…”

“Of course.”

Did it make sense?

However, the director seemed to be considering his own touching points, like a judge in an audition program.

“…I’m a little shaken.”

“…”

“You seem to have good observational skills.”

“…That’s an overstatement.”

The director, who muttered that I resembled Lee Junghoon in shamelessness, was already sending me love-filled gazes, which made me feel more burdened.

Where did the initial atmosphere go? Everyone laughed like children in the warm atmosphere.

“I wanted to see more improvs, if possible, but we’re running out of time. Hmm… It’s a shame…”

“Hmm, I see. So, I’m eliminated?”

Somehow, I got too immersed, but it was still better to be eliminated. The director stroked his chin, seemingly disappointed, so I waited patiently for his following words. It turned out to be unexpected.

“Have you finished all your activities lately?”

“…Yes?”

“We can’t adjust the shooting schedule to the supporting actors.”

“Yeah… I’m pretty much free now.”

“Understood. We’ll keep that in mind. Thank you for your hard work, Seo Hoyun.”

I briefly thought about the meaning of his words, then bowed my head and left the audition room.

“Shouldn’t he be a survival audition judge instead of a director…?”

His nitpicking was no joke.

…Well, the feeling was a bit off, but there were still tasks to be done.

***

Even though the audition was over, I deliberately hid from my manager and went to the broadcasting station’s café. I found out that Writer Kim had a serious caffeine addiction.