Chapter 97

“…Seo Hoyun.”

Throughout the overlapping shooting schedules, Lee Kangseok took every spare moment to approach Min Jiheon with a mournful smile. Min Jiheon, who seemed like he could drink even a bowl of soapy water, appeared slightly uncomfortable. However, Kangseok’s friendliness did not extend to me.

As I walked by, trying to chat with the staff, I accidentally locked eyes with the gloomy Kangseok who had been waiting for me.

“Why are you treating me like this?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m trying to do well, you know….”

He looked visibly depressed. Was I supposed to praise him for trying to butter up Min Jiheon and Yu Jia?

As I crossed my arms, Kangseok suddenly looked up.

“Everything’s easy for Seo Hoyun, right?”

“Excuse me?”

What nonsense was this?

“Being a popular idol, everything works out smoothly. Your agency is the same as Min Jiheon, and all your friends are successful people….”

“So? What’s the problem? Oh, Lee Kangseok-sunbae… Do you consider all that when making friends?”

“…”

Kangseok muttered a curse under his breath. I could feel the burning emotion in his eyes.

Inferiority complex.

And a victim mentality.

How interesting.

I’ve seen a lot of people like this during my time as a PD.

They blamed others for their lack of success, saying it was because those on top were hogging everything.

Well, it wasn’t entirely wrong, but they also closed off their own chances of climbing up because of this unfortunate mindset.

Such a shame.

I wasn’t that different from him, but I didn’t really like his type. As I kept staring at him without a word, Kangseok suddenly dropped his gloomy expression and accelerated.

“You’re doing well with acting, right?”

“Huh?”

“I’m just worried because there have been controversies over idols’ acting skills. The first episode is airing soon, so hang in there. I’ll be cheering for you.”

= You’ll be fucked when the first episode airs

He tried to sound cool and cultured, but he couldn’t completely hide the sarcasm in his tone.

What was the point of talking this way? Trying to start a fight in a public place with people around was just proof of stupidity.

…Huh?

Was this a self-introduction?

I briefly contemplated my actions and gave up on thinking, half-listening to Lee Kangseok’s continued ranting.

“But isn’t it easy for idols to have NGs?”

“…”

“I’m disappointed. Idols are just different from actors in tone. That’s why people should professionally learn how to act….”

It seemed like the conversation would drag on, but I needed to talk to the staff and get my makeup done soon.

I scrutinized him from head to toe.